Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Program: Circuit Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iv'e Posted a screen shot and a GIF of it working
capture-gif.58844

Ah, I might see the problem. The outputs of the 4017 start at Q0, so output 1 is actually Q0. Therefore, you'll need to connect Q7 (which is actually output 6, as labeled on the chip) to reset the 4033. See if changing that helps. Also, for rolling the dice, I wonder if you'd want to speed up the second 555 a bit, so you can't easily see what number the display is showing until it stops. I think it'll make it look a little more random, but that's only personal preference. You can do whatever you want with it.

Regards

Now if you think about it, I could run into a huge problem of, when you run it and start the timer the out come will always be 3, when you turn it off and back on, there is no way around this, unless I allow the user to play around with the time, using the variable resistor, unless there is a way to randomize the time?

I actually did something like this once. Basically, I had a capacitor connected to the switch, so that for as long as I held down the switch, the capacitor would charge. Then, when the button is released, the capacitor slowly discharges into the power pin of the astable 555. Then, for as long as the voltage on the capacitor could sustain the function of the timer, the display would keep scrolling. When the capacitor ran out, the astable timer would stop running, and the display would show the final number. It's worth looking into, anyway. I'll see if I can find the schematic for my design, but I think it was pretty straightforward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back