Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Engineering Overseas: Canada, Europe, Asia, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On some of the bigger construction sites I've worked here in Oz there was a heap of welshies ( overseas) guys doing 'C' programming on the equipment. so if you are 'C' inclined some companies over here in Oz might be keen to employ you. At my work at the local bottling plant we have a few Indians working on the bottling line. Today I found out one of them is a PHD in medicine and a Honours in Chemistry. Why as the guy has to go 2 years before his qualifications are recognized here. One guy asked a bout making Methaline choride and the guy went a few calc's then said the process. By the way chorine gas kills so we'll just buy the stuff. And I did wonder why we call the guy Dr. Patel. One Idian I heard that was there last year is now a top dog on building highways and as soon as our Dr, Patel can learn engrish he will be a uni lecturer.

Eh if the Indians can do it so can a yank after all the door are locked and Oz is becoming the most expensive place on earth to live due to the triple level of Govt going into so much debt. It does make me wonder if your an employee you get sacked if you .ucked up but the pollies get a huge pension for doing more damage than an employee could ever do.....

DigiTan the US is going down the tubes quicker than you realize but the world is also closing up too, so if you do want to work overseas get a US based company to get you over there....

Cheers Bryan

DigiTan the US is going down the tubes quicker than you realize but the world is also closing up too, so if you do want to work overseas get a US based company to get you over there....
Speaking of that, what languages would you guys guess are going to be the most important for engineering over the next 5-10 years? I notice we're having a Chinese language boom in the K-12 schools here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back