Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equivalent to PIC16F877A from ATMAL sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

Which is equivalent to PIC16F877A from ATMAL side?????????
I never used any atmel micro-controller and not know the series of it's. So plz guide me.

And plz give the link of "In Circuit Programmer & debuger" like inchworm(ICD2 clone for PIC microcontroller)??? for ATMAL microcontroller.
OR
Any good programmer for ATMAL microcontroller that can support approximate all microcontrollers.
Plz don't say that, use google.

Ayne said:
Plz don't say that, use google.

Yahoo perhaps?

Why not just go to ATMEL's website and start there? It should be pretty easy to compare specs of different microcontrollers. You will want to look at the 40-pin ATMega32's as they are in a similar performance/peripheral realm as the 16F877A

ok, don't use google. don't find all those pages that will help you. don't find AVRfreaks. I think it's a great idea to not be informed. no problem, glad to not help.

Ayne said:
...Plz don't say that, use google.
If you won't take good advice....well what can anyone do?

The equivalence, if any, between different type of processors is very rough at best. To find this out you need to curl up with the datasheets and user manuals and think up useful applications for the different parts. This knowledge takes years to accumulate, and there are no shortcuts. So quit your whining, start downloading, and settle in for a long period of learning.

You want the Mega32 and a Jtag.. If you had checked google.com or these forums you would have found the answers. Also, Mega8 is nice for a small chip.

infact google takes more time than human.
it gives not exact result, but human.
It is better to ask humans before using google. My views, i am wrong or right.

Ayne said:

You're wrong!, why should other people do it for you? - you're being incredibly lazy!.

For example, i have a problem, i think it is better to ask people before going to library.

Nigel is right for a lot of reasons:
1) you should learn the basics on your own - be self reliant
2) learning where the information is located is of value when you need a quick answer.
3) it is incredibly selfish to expect others to teach you with no compensation
4) it takes longer than learning yourself (don't believe me? how much time have you spent on this thread already?)
5) you will get an incomplete education in the subject matter.
6) anyone can post a reply - how do you know that they aren't full of ****?
7) if you are a student then you should be ashamed to be trying to get some one else to do your work.

Ayne said:

Google works for me. How are you spelling it :) (like I should talk)

in the ATMEL world, the neart devices would be the AVR. as it contain Analog to digital, and PWM channels.. like the pic you talked about.

Also in ATMEL there is the Famous 8051 family, but it have npothing but i/o pins with some external,timer and serial interrupts..

ikalogic said:
....Also in ATMEL there is the Famous 8051 family, but it have npothing but i/o pins with some external,timer and serial interrupts..
Absolute utter nonsense. The 8051 variants from Atmel have a whole array of useful peripherals including but not limited to

PCA - Programmable Counter Array, which can do output compare, input capture and PWM.
CAN - Controller Area Network for higly reliable networking.
SPI - for peripheral expansion in display controllers, and D/A converters
A/D - 8 channels 10-bit on board A/D conversion
Non-volitile data memory
64K internal code space for those applications that just won't fit the PIC mold.

I could go on, but that should be enough to combat the ignorant pronouncements.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Well PIC's do more with less space :D , and the bigger 18F PIC's have 64K anyway.
And there are some things a PIC can't do very well at all. To each his own.

Papabravo said:
Absolute utter nonsense. The 8051 variants from Atmel have a whole array of useful peripherals including but not limited to

PCA - Programmable Counter Array, which can do output compare, input capture and PWM.
CAN - Controller Area Network for higly reliable networking.
SPI - for peripheral expansion in display controllers, and D/A converters
A/D - 8 channels 10-bit on board A/D conversion
Non-volitile data memory
64K internal code space for those applications that just won't fit the PIC mold.

I could go on, but that should be enough to combat the ignorant pronouncements.

All the thread is talking about mico controllers, and i was talking about all the 89CXX or 89SXX family of uC.

i guess the others you spcified are dedicated mico-controller, but not an equivalent to the PIC16F877A, as the thread starter asked...

and, by the way? what's the meaning of "Absolute utter nonsense" ?

thx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back