Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

External TV tunner = bad filter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

Hello, I bout K-World external TV tunner in hopes of using my 17" LCD monitor as a bedroom TV. The tunner works however, it's video filter is horrible quality so the picture is all grainny and washed out. However, when I hook up my Rogers Cable box to the tunner through S-Video port, the quality on the display is perfect. However I can't get away with that as the Rogers Cable box is used for another TV. I don't think it's practical to build a band-pass filter my self to correct this issue so does any one know of any alternative ?

P.S. monitor supports resolution up to 1280 X 1024..

Thanks...

Last edited:
You bout a tunner??

Your spelling is horrible if you actually bought a tuner.
Maybe the tuner is cheap garbage or the cable connecting it to your monitior is bad.
Maybe your monitor is not set up correctly.

You bout a tunner??

Your spelling is horrible if you actually bought a tuner.
Maybe the tuner is cheap garbage or the cable connecting it to your monitior is bad.
Maybe your monitor is not set up correctly.

LOLZ! I meant bought... sorry for bad spelling... I am used to dumb speak (based on hearing not spelling)...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back