Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fo+fb+fd

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.power

Hi guys,

When I was studying about laser vibrometers through Wikipedia, I noticed a vague problem.
Please take a look at the below pic which I have mentioned the question inside it.

The only way to sum 2 frequencies as I know is multiplexing them through a modulator, So how they got the fo+fb+fd just by a beam splitter or by the air/target?!!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_Doppler_vibrometer

Thanks

Last edited:
Does the environment acts as a modulator for the laser beam WHILE the object is steady and does not travel (so there is no Doppler effect...)?

Last edited:
Another important question regarding is :
suppose the target is moving (for instance a vibrating speaker which vibrates with the frequency of F1), so does the laser frequency (I call it F2) hitting to the speaker's cone will generate "F1+F2"??
Strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back