Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frying pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butera

I want to build inverter and then supply an induction heater that heats a frying pan !!

Do a heat get supplied by inverter

Last edited by a moderator:
The inverter supplies energy to your frying pan,via induction coil, but has itself losses.
So yes the inverter needs heat sinking, possible fans at the power levels of current you
will need.

Regards, Dana.

I want to build inverter and then supply an induction heater that heats a flying pan !!

Do a heat get supplied by inverter
for it to be a flying pan, the pan will need to be aluminum. the source of heat is the pan itself. the alternating magnetic field from the inverter driven coil induces currents in the pan, and the heating comes from resistive losses in the pan. IIRC commercial induction stovetops operate at 40khz. i'm not sure about how many watts of RF that's required, somewhere around 200-400 watts i would guess.

The inverter is generating heat as well due to its in efficiencies, gate losses in drivers,
esr losses in caps, I^2R losses..... Thats why heat sinks are generally needed on the drivers.

Not unusual to see water cooled induction coils as well on the higher power solutions.

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back