Funny Images Thread!

What is a peak HP?
When you first turn on the power, and the motor is stalled, it pulls 40 amps.
Maybe;
Just like in audio amps, P-P watts, there must be P-P HP.
We know what RMS is. Peak is 1.414x that. Then P-P is 2x1.414 or 2.8 times what RMS is.
So that only 14 amps. Only 2HP rms.
Now we need to divide by the bull **** factor.

What gets me is the false claim for 200W per channel is so blatant and no body says a word. I could understand if it was just Brits because they never complain, but this is a world-wide product.

This is reminiscent of all those ghetto blasters that claimed 50 watt+ output from six D size batteries!

HP?
H=horse;domesticated mammall, used for riding, racing, and to carry and pull loads
P=pony; A discussing little creature of no worldly value.

Many people in the UK, especially in city areas, complain about dogs, gulls and foxes raiding their dustbins for food.
When I lived in the rural wilds of the Shetland Islands, (Hillswick to be exact), in the winter when the snow was on the ground I would have Shetland Ponies raiding the dustbins!
It was quite entertaining chasing them down the road with the car on the way to work.

JimB

Pretty hardy bunch in the Shetlands.

The furthest north I got was Benbecula in the Outer Hebrides. There the problem was yellow beady eyed sheep. The damn things would sit in the road for the heat and would not budge when you drove to work in the morning. If you wrote one off you were in big trouble though. Someone killed a sheep around 1960 and it was still a sensation when we were there in the early 1970s. Crime is unheard of and when we first landed, there was no one at the car hire company so we walked back to the airport to find out what was going on. They said to just take a car- the keys were in the ignition. After a couple of weeks in the Hebrides the hustle and bustle of Heathrow Airport was a bit overwhelming.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen an anomaly like this?
Yes.

The trick is that the hypotenuse is not a straight line, there is a small kink in it.

The slope of the hypotenuse in the blue triangle is 2/5 =0.4
The slope of the hypotenuse in the red triangle is 3/8 = 0.375

Sufficiently close to fool the eye.

JimB

There seems to be a common theme with electronics type people- a love of animals, especially cats. There must be some deep psychological reason for that.

As for cats wanting to kill you, I think that depends on the cat. The cats that I have owned/known would tear another animal to pieces if it thought they were a danger to the owner. But the owner could do anything to the cat without fear. When I was about eight I had a massive tom called Tiger. He was king of the patch, and even dogs didn't mess with him. He was old and irritable towards the end, and if anyone bothered him he would let rip. But I could and did push him around like when he was a kitten. I could tell he was just tolerating me but he would never be aggressive.

He would go on the prowl for about a week and then he would always show up at the same spot at the end of the garden path, with yet another piece of ear missing and his head covered in claw marks. My Mom immediately scrubbed him up in a solution of soap and Detol in the kitchen sink which caused him to yowl most pitifully. Once he was dried he would have a couple of bowls of bread and milk and then sleep for about 18 hours. One day he didn't retun from his prowls.

Last edited:
Peak HP defined: **broken link removed**

spec:

A fried owned a electronics store and one guy came in to purchase a car stereo:

His only question was: How many Watts is this?

You have character Buddy..that is ALWAYS a good indicator of human temperament. People that understand/or are kind to animals always make me think.

Here is probably the best bunch of people one could ever hope to meet: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...very-charity-workers-eaten-alive-maggots.html

Awesome stuff.

Regards,
tv

I suppose this link ^^^ is in the wrong place...not funny at all.

But I am not in the habit of creating new threads for buggerall
Just thought I should share this though. Like a random "thinking post" that needs to be a lesson to all.

Including me.

Could you possibly imagine these people taking care of human beings as lovingly as they cared and nurtured the doggie....?

May they be blessed.

That's all,
tv

Thanks tv.

Boy your link moved me. And the dog seemed so stoic.

Cruelty to animals, children or anybody makes me see red flashes. I won't post here but I have seen/heard about some awful things. What I wan't to know is why?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…