Funny Images Thread!

That cat looks really p'eed off!!
If I was the cat I certainly would not be peed off.

One of the funniest stories I heard was from a guy who bought a very expensive transcription turntable, arm, and cartridge. He had three kids and a wife. All were instructed to go nowhere near this treasured possession. One day he came home from work and the kids had the family cat sat on the turntable going around at 16 RPM.

Last edited:
Now you see..

This could become a good discussion....but...not on the Funny Images thread

Ah well. Time and place for everything

This is an Electronic related forum.

Till next time,
tv

Now you see..

This could become a good discussion....but...not on the Funny Images thread

Ah well. Time and place for everything

This is an Electronic related forum.

Till next time,
tv

tv, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you are too modest and self deprecating. This is in the Member's Lounge and the thread is funny images. If I read it right the Members Lounge is for relaxing and discussing any subject within the ETO rules that is. So I can see no reason why you should not start a thread that you think is important/interesting. Everyone else does.

I was going to sleep but your post made me LOL

Reminds me of my Rega3 complete with top of the range Goldring cartridge at the time....told the cleaning lady" dust, clean, wash...everything....but do NOT open that lid of that thing here. Do not touch it.

Showed her the turntable......

Come back from work and put my favorite Fleetwood Mac on( Rumours)...and gzzzz...the arm cannot track anymore....because the cartridge has no stylus anymore.....all I find are pieces of featherduster .......and sooo.

Man, I was hopping mad. What could I do?. Buggerall because she's gone and that was that.

My ex wife diplomatically explained to her the next day that we can no longer can afford to employ her. She uhmmm....is quite expensive.

Still have not purchased a new Cartridge for the RB300 arm and Rega 3 combo....piles of records going to ****.

All digital now. I have got lazy.

tv

Vinyl is the big thing now- I have two cartridges but no turntable. I know the Rega 3.

At work we regularly moved around. There was a heavy gang, comprising mainly invalids and the aged. On one occasion we were once more on the move and the procedure was that you would put a label on your items: desk, filing cabinet, chair, etc with your name on: Ted, Mike Dave etc. The heavy gang would then move your bits and pieces to the new location in the evening.

The next day when we returned to work everyone's items of furniture were all in place at the new location, but there was no sign of my stuff. I phoned the heavy gang supervisor, a somewhat bellicose person who didn't like engineers with all their paperwork, books, and odd bits of equipment, and asked him what gives. He said that his team had completed the movement of all items as instructed on the labels attached to the furniture, and rang off.

I went back to the old location, but no sign of my stuff. I had a quick look around the factory but still no sign of my stuff. By this stage I started to smell a rat and asked the department joker where my stuff was, but he pleaded innocence.

About an hour later, on my way to the staff canteen, I walked near to the company scrap area, and there in the middle of the piles of broken desks, faulty IT equipment etc, I spotted my bookcase which was a custom job and quite distinctive. On closer inspection I found all my stuff there.

Then the penny dropped: my nickname is Chuck.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound too smart.

The heavy gang was a source of constant amusement. You had to move anything precious yourself otherwise it was liable to be damaged/lost. They always complained like hell about engineers because of all the extra items they had to move. I, especially was a target because I had a huge bookcase full of data books and reference data, not to mention boxes of bits and pieces, mainly samples.

Stevie Nicks had the voice of an Angel. Best band ever complete with the rest of the band.....

Late seventies/early Eighties brought out the very best as far as just making wonderful soul searching cool music. Like music that will live till all else is FU. (Feffed Up)

So much good. Bruce Springsteen comes to mind. Foreigner was there. Bad Company was there. Uriah Heep was there.

Uriah Heep you say....who the hell were they? I present Gypsey...

**broken link removed****broken link removed**
I want a skateboard like that!
**broken link removed**
Don't watch this video if you feel ofended by jihadists!

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…