Funny Images Thread!

Nope. Northern Arizona, near Prescott, Sedona, Williams. About 100 mi South of the Grand Canyon.

Hmm that is confusing. If you click on your location tag it goes to a map with Big Springs Ranch near San Antonio Tx crossed. Presumably there is a Big Springs Ranch in Northern Arizona. Have you thought about changing your location tag to N Arizona. I find it really interesting to know something about the person on the other end of a post and also to know where they live- perhaps I'm just a nosey parker

Well fancy that. Glad the incident wasn't serious- be a bit different in my Sonic Cruiser.
I worked on the avionics of a few aircraft while in the RAF and am a bit of an aircraft nut, no doubt, like you.

Bet you have had some great flights over the Grand Canyon. Pictures?

Last edited:
Done. Flew over it twice just last week, going and coming to/from Salt Lake City...

Done. Flew over it twice just last week, going and coming to/from Salt Lake City...
What do you charge for air tours? I would love to take aerial photographs of the GC. Believe it or not, the GC is on my bucket list, but have yet to see this wondrous geological marvel...

What takes you out my way, Mike? ...

Unfortunately, a memorial service for a good friend that I have known for 50+years, and have chatted with on 40 meters almost every week for the past 35 years. I spent most of my adult life in the land of Zion, and the lousy air quality (and Utah's politics) finally drove us out. Rare day when we cant see 250 miles here in No. AZ.

What do you charge for air tours? I would love to take aerial photographs of the GC. Believe it or not, the GC is on my bucket list, but have yet to see this wondrous geological marvel...
Per the FARs, as a Private Pilot, I cannot charge you for a sightseeing flight. But nothing stops us from "sharing expenses". If you ever wanted to drive out to see the GC, I am only ~40mi South of I40 near where you would turn North to drive to the GCNP visitor center... Lots of stuff to see within a few air miles in any direction.

I just might take you up on that offer. The drive would be like going to Vegas for me if I shoot for the I40

Agreed, the air has been killing me slowly the last 59 years, it's been voted top ten worst many times. Seemed a bit better when Geneva Steel closed but then more people keep moving here in droves.

As far as politics We're a Red State, wouldn't matter if I had a different opinion about anything.

kv

Some interesting stuff is the last few posts. I had no idea what SLC was like with the bad air and all. The flights over the GC sound excellent especially as I imagine you can fly more of less where you want, unlike the guided air tours.
Sorry to hear about your friend MikeMI- one of the downers as you grow older- you lose your friends!
spec

When it comes to the amount of free time someone has... there are periods when you are too busy and want to do nothing and periods when you have a lot of free time and want to do something, because you are bored. This thing happens to me, frequently.

In New York, a guy walks into a bank. He tells the loan officer that he needs to borrow $5000 because he is going to Europe for a two week trip. The loan officer says the bank will need collateral for the loan so the guy hands him the keys and the title papers to his brand new Ferrari that is parked in the street in front of the bank.

Obviously, a $250,000 Ferrari is more than enough collateral so the loan officer gives him the $5000. The guy leaves and the loan officer drives the Ferrari into the bank's underground parking garage and parks it.

Over the next few days, the big joke among the bank employees is all about the foolish man that put up $250,000 collateral for a measly $5000 loan.

But, two weeks later, the guy returns from his trip and repays his loan. Plus $26.92 interest.

The loan officer says to the guy, "I want to thank you for your business, but I'm curious. While you were away, I checked and found out you are a multimillionaire. I don't understand why you bothered to borrow $5000 when you have so much money."

The guy replies, "Where else in New York can I park my Ferrari for $2.00/day and expect it to be there when I return

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…