Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

future power suply unit question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have specific questions about the setup?
yah!

it concerns power button(or power on/off). i've heard one can go the hardware route and use an S-R flip flop eg. 74C74 and use the output to enable/disable the voltage regulator. i.e the 74C series (and the CD4000 series) can take up to 15V supplies, so one could power them from the input to the regulator.

could one provide the circuit setup/wire up of this?
i would highly appreciate your help guys!

yah!

it concerns power button(or power on/off). i've heard one can go the hardware route and use an S-R flip flop eg. 74C74 and use the output to enable/disable the voltage regulator. i.e the 74C series (and the CD4000 series) can take up to 15V supplies, so one could power them from the input to the regulator.

could one provide the circuit setup/wire up of this?
i would highly appreciate your help guys!

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what's wrong with just putting a regular old SPST switch between the wall wart and the regulator?

Torben

t.man, don't complicate things.
Take the advice from theses guys, they know what they are talking about.
But then again, you could swim upstream.

i'd like to use push button switch to power on/off the circuit!

I must still be missing something. You can get latching SPST push button switches anywhere. That would give you push-once-for-on/push-again-for-off operation.

Do you mean you must have an electronic switch configuration instead of a nice, simple electrical one? If so, why?

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back