Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good Brand of New Television Set ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I did TV production Sony was a key brand in quality components. Panasonic was ok.
I have an LG 55" 'LED' Tv about 3 years now...It's stood up just fine and has an SPDIF optical out to drive the surround. I like it cuz' the USB connects to a portable hard drive or memory stick and can browse for movies, music or pics etc.

Hi,

That sounds nice, the USB for browsing the USB drive.
Does it play movies too on the USB drive (stick) ?

When I did TV production Sony was a key brand in quality components. Panasonic was ok.
I have an LG 55" 'LED' Tv about 3 years now...It's stood up just fine and has an SPDIF optical out to drive the surround. I like it cuz' the USB connects to a portable hard drive or memory stick and can browse for movies, music or pics etc.

Nothing has changed really - Sony and Panasonic are still the top brands, making better quality sets with better quality components, LG and Samsung are well behind on the quality stakes, but on a par to each other as the 'middling' quality manufacturers.

Pretty well all modern sets have USB and various facilities, including many with crude single tuner PVR type capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back