Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: Does Anyone Help Me To Make This Lantern Fly,but With Electronic Circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosnfady

HI EVERYONE, COULD ANYONE HELP ME TO CONVERT THE IDEA OF THIS LANTERN ( FROM FIRE TO ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT )AS SHOWN IN THE FIGURE ENCLOSED IT IS OPERAT BY FIRE, (AS U KNOW, IT IS SO DANGER,SO WE WANT TO MAKE AN ELECTRONIC CIRCUIT INSTED OF FIRE ) ( THE PRINCIPALE OF OPERATION DEPEND ON THE WORM AIR.. AS I THINK )

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

IF ANY PROBLEM IN THE PHOTO ( PLEASE SEARCH THE SKY LANTERN )
WAITING YOUR REPLAY SOON
THANKS

Last edited:
I don't know what kind of circuit you have in mind, but a battery shorted with a wire will generate heat. I'm guessing it won't be enough to make the lantern fly. Add any more components and you'll just be adding weight with no increase in heat generation capability.

IMHO this is quite a frivolous request.

A few simple solutions come to mind:

1. tie the lantern to a long piece of rope and begin swinging it around, letting out more rope with every revolution.

2. attach the lantern to an arrow and launch it fom a good compound bow.

3. launch the lantern from a trebouchet and learn something valuable about trebouchets instead of a flying lantern.

4. attach the lantern to a model rocket.

5. forget this whole notion of a fire to electronic lantern and get yourself a flare gun and some flares from a marine supply company.

Is this somthing like what you are reffering to?

**broken link removed**

Looks like a mini hot air balloon. There is really no way to generate that kind of heat with electronics, without it becoming so heavy it won't fly.

An overcharged lithium battery make a very hot white flame. It also makes a lot of light.

fire isn't all that dangerous, it's peoples lack of respect for it that is dangerous... trust me, this is coming from a person that comes into rather close contact with fire for fun...

Sam Jelfs said:
trust me, this is coming from a person that comes into rather close contact with fire for fun...
Do you eat lighted matches for fun?
Do you set your hair on fire for fun?
Do you set your clothes on fire for fun?:D

audioguru said:
Do you eat lighted matches for fun?
Do you set your hair on fire for fun?
Do you set your clothes on fire for fun?:D

not lighted matches, but i do eat fire

not intentionally, but i have set fire to my hair mid-performance and not realised until someone told me... it's on film somewhere as well :D

and not my clothes, but i do run fire along my arms / legs / chest / tongue for fun :D

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/lordlucythesecond/d034re2.jpg

anyway, back OT, i doubt you could make enough heat with minimal weight, why not do an electrically controlled flame? sort-of like a pilot and main burner system found in a boiler?

Sam Jelfs said:
not lighted matches, but i do eat fire

not intentionally, but i have set fire to my hair mid-performance and not realised until someone told me... it's on film somewhere as well :D

and not my clothes, but i do run fire along my arms / legs / chest / tongue for fun :D

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/lordlucythesecond/d034re2.jpg

anyway, back OT, i doubt you could make enough heat with minimal weight, why not do an electrically controlled flame? sort-of like a pilot and main burner system found in a boiler?

I'm not showing my daughter that picture! - she currently does Poi and Diablo, and would like to use fire Poi and Diablo, but her long hair restricts her somewhat.

I do poi, diablo, staff, fire breathing, fire eating, bed of nails, stilt walking... bit of a circus freak... but my suggestion would be, a bandanna soaked in water to cover her hair, and someone around that knows how to do fire performance. If she is serious, there is a group in Derby called Tomfoolery who meet every thursday. I never seem to get chance to get down at the mo, but there will def people down there to help her with the new stuff in a controlled environment.

(sorry for the thread hi-jack ;) )

Thanks for the tip Sam, I'll mention it to her, and I've bookmarked their site - don't know what you do with a staff, but she can spin a bo-staff around pretty well, as a second dan in Ju Jitsu.

I remember this from some place, its basically a hot air balloon. Maybe it's on Make.com or Hackaday.com. I think it was made from newspaper, light it on fire, and rises until consumed by flame. The chinese on probably a candle inside rice paper. Really doubt you could produce enough heat electronicly to lift a battery.

If you have a dry cleaner's plastic bag, you can make a fun device. Make a holder for a birthday candle with a couple of popsickle sticks. Tape it so the bag is over the candle (done while lit), and release it on a very calm summer night. Expect UFO sightings.

Nigel - If your daughter wants any advice, or scare stories, my email is sam at firecircles.co.uk

back on topic, the average candle gives out something like 40w of heat, i wonder if you could possibly hack a soldering iron or such to give you the same amount of heat? though weight is sure going to be an issue, plus, not sure i would want to be underneath it when the thing breaks and falls down to earth...

Yeah, I don't think your going to be able to do this with a battery. Even if you could, batteries falling from the sky, into rivers, lakes, yard, feilds, ect is going to be a bad thing for the enviroment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back