Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for a battery replacement by an electronic circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasoum

I have an elliptical exerciser that needs 4 D batteries. These batteries are bulky and expensive so I am thinking of replacing it with an equivalent electric circuit. One of my friend suggest to get an ordinary 6V converter, remove its lead and connect it to terminals where batteries are connected. Is this correct? Please help...

Thanks

A wall-wort supply that generates 6VDC should work. You may need to measure the current that the exerciser is taking from the batteries, so you know how big a supply you need.

Alternately, you could use recharageable NiMH batteries.

crustchow thanks...

any hints on how to figure out the current ratings...Should I look into manual or I can measure it using a voltmeter....

Thanks

I just looked at the manual and there is no indication of how much current it draws from the batteries. Company sells the console as a complete unit so doesn;t give any details about the current. How can I figure out the current in this case...

Thanks for your advise...

What is the manufacturer name and model number of the exerciser?

Do you have a Radio Shack available in you neighborhood?

Answer these two questions correctly, and I can tell you what to buy and how to hook it up.

(But if had designed that exerciser, I would have built in something to use your exercise energy to power the electronics!)
:D

GonzoEngineer

Yes I do have Radio Shack near my place...

manufacturer name - PRO-FORM 4.0 X and model number -PFEL73207.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back