Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me explain this filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quoc Viet

Hi all,

I have a problem with this circuit, i don't understand the function of C26 and R20. I attached full document below, that circuit lie on page 27.
Who can help me to understand that, thank you so much :)

source: **broken link removed**

Q.Viet

Hi,

I think you meant C20 and R28 right?

Those two are used to reduce the voltage to the circuit without requiring a transformer. That kind of power supply is often referred to as an "offline" power supply. The capacitor reduces the AC level without dissipating too much power while a single resistor would dissipate much more power and get hot. The resistor R20 limits the input surge current when the power supply is first plugged into the main AC supply. Without that resistor the surge current through the cap could be very high.

The resistor value is chosen to reduce the surge yet not dissipate too much power during normal operation. The capacitor value is chosen to allow enough current to pass so the circuit being powered gets enough voltage but not too much.

Hi,

I capture a picture, C26 and R20.
Rewiew it agiant and help me.

Thank

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 312
Hi,

I capture a picture, C26 and R20.
Rewiew it agiant and help me.

Thank

Hi,

Looks like they dont want to connect the output lower terminal directly to the analog ground,so they want a little isolation there. That could help if the input and output grounds are different.

Hi,

Looks like they dont want to connect the output lower terminal directly to the analog ground,so they want a little isolation there. That could help if the input and output grounds are different.

Yes, that is thier purpose, but i can't understand how R20 and C26 work, both R20 and C26 are connected to the AGND.

Yes, that is thier purpose, but i can't understand how R20 and C26 work, both R20 and C26 are connected to the AGND.

Hi,

Yes probably for a better Common Mode Rejection Ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back