Help: transfer from assemble to Hex

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadleb3

Hi everybody I need an help in compile my PIC since I have this assembly code and I need to transfer it to HEX so if anybody know any software or program in which I can transfer my code to HEX plz post it and that’s the code and thanks a lot ……. Inaddition my pic was PIC12C672 or if anybody hv an idea how to put it on my pic "i mean the way"

Last edited:
i dnt know hw to use the Mplab well cz i didnt know where to put my assembly in the Mplab and hw to transfer it to HEX if any help plzzz cz its urgent

The code doesn't need 'compiling', it needs 'assembling' (compilers are for high level languages).

As suggested you need MPLAB, or just the assembler part MPASMWIN, which is included as part of MPLAB.

i downloaded the Mplab and i opened my file as .asm but i dunno nw how to assembler it to HEX plz if anybody know post it down and thanks alot

ahmadleb3 said:
i downloaded the Mplab and i opened my file as .asm but i dunno nw how to assembler it to HEX plz if anybody know post it down and thanks alot

Easiest way is to use MPASMWIN, it's in the MPLAB directory, simply run it, browse for your source file, and click on 'Assemble'.

it didnt work with me i run the Mplab an i opened my .asm file i searched for "assemble" and i didnt find it dunno plzzz i need to transfer it for my Project as soon as possibe

ahmadleb3 said:
it didnt work with me i run the Mplab an i opened my .asm file i searched for "assemble" and i didnt find it dunno plzzz i need to transfer it for my Project as soon as possibe

Read my previous post! - run MPASMWIN and NOT MPLAB.

Just tried assembling the file you posted, it fails with 12 errors.

Code:
Message[302] C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 18 : Register in operand not in bank 0.  Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 21 : Register in operand not in bank 0.  Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 39 : Symbol not previously defined (gpio)
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 40 : Symbol not previously defined (gpio)
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 42 : Symbol not previously defined (gpio)
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 43 : Symbol not previously defined (gpio)
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 82 : Symbol not previously defined (gpio)
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 83 : Symbol not previously defined (gpio)
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 87 : Symbol not previously defined (gpio)
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 88 : Symbol not previously defined (gpio)
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 92 : Symbol not previously defined (gpio)
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 112 : Symbol not previously defined (gpio)
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 115 : Symbol not previously defined (adcon0)
Error[113]   C:\TEMP\CODE.ASM 117 : Symbol not previously defined (gpio)

Hi ahmadleb3
enthused by Nlgel, i tried to assemble. and the reults are in the zip file attached

thanks Nigel Goodwin

Last edited:
i have been going to elmers site everyday and going over each lesson over and over until i have it down and then move to the next lesson and do the same. it is great for a beginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…