Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Krumlink said:
Propeller=$20
PIC=$1

HMMMM

Oh well He's going to say (AND_ECE) PLZ Sir I need help with resister. Which way goes which?

or he will say his diode only works one way and not the other :D

Pay out the guy properly if you're going to... Resistor... Then you look like more of tool. =p

I don't understand what you all are trying to accomplish by making fun of this guy, AND_ECE. I'm new to this forum, but I don't see what good can come of it. If you're going to help him, that's great, but making fun dosen't help anyone. I'm supprised the moderators of this forum do not frown upon this type of thing...people are supposed to be coming here for help, right?(that's what it says on your homepage)

quote "This forum is for general chat about electronics, eg: Dont know what a part does? Dont know how to read a circuit? Want to get an opinion?"

nuff said

slosjo said:
I don't understand what you all are trying to accomplish by making fun of this guy, AND_ECE. I'm new to this forum, but I don't see what good can come of it. If you're going to help him, that's great, but making fun dosen't help anyone. I'm supprised the moderators of this forum do not frown upon this type of thing...people are supposed to be coming here for help, right?(that's what it says on your homepage)

quote "This forum is for general chat about electronics, eg: Dont know what a part does? Dont know how to read a circuit? Want to get an opinion?"

nuff said
Some posters never offers to post anything about their project as they appear to be hoping someone will upload an entire project for them.
These posters do not appear to understand even the most elementary schematics and yet claim to be doing their final project for their diploma which would mean they are hoping to be employed in that field very soon.
If they want help then show some effort on their part. If they can't read a simple schematic and your an ECE approaching your final year then that's not good is it? If you read the previous posts you'll see an effort was made to help but the OP did not seem to have the basic electrical/electronics education to understand the replies. The internet is an excellent tool but is no substitute for a formal education. Besides how do you filter the scads of useless misleading or wrong information that you'll find on the web unless you have some previous formal education?

Nobody will stop you from posting an entire project, it's done all the time. Since you clam you could produce a project based on your propeller then why not do all the work involved, schematic, BOM, source-code, warnings (the OP appears to have no experience with AC and might kill them self)
Try it, it might be fun.

They're are a handful of members that don't have a clue and don't want to, they expect they can find someone to do it for them. They don't hang around and contribute nothing to the forum community. I think the term is Leeches.

And yet again I ask, making fun of them accomplishes what? I understand the situations that arise in forums when people are looking for someone to do their work for them, and when this happens, it is usually very obvious. My point is this: you people sound like a bunch of high school kids the way you are making fun of AND_ECE; it's ridiculous. Be mature and either help or shut up. I won't do the work for said poster, but if he will take the initiative to do some research and ask a good question or two, I'll answer. Otherwise, I keep quiet.

Moderator, hello? Do you want the qulaity of this forum to improve? You can do that by moderating these immature posts...really, what do they add? The forum would be much better without them.

Wait till you've been on the forums for awhile slosjo, the do my assignment for me posts come in spurts. If Nigel feels like killing this thread he's welcome to do so, it's off topic anyway.
but if he will take the initiative to do some research and ask a good question or two, I'll answer.
Might happen but I wouldn't hold my breath.
So you're not going to post a remote light dimmer? Ah well would have been nice to see.
Nobody is picking on AND_ECE, and any actual efforts to help him have gone nowhere.
I suspect AND_ECE will be back with yet another question, perhaps an entire sentence in length. Then he'll disappear for awhile. Repeat/rinse.
As will hundreds of other posters, but some will learn and with a little luck get whatever problem they had in mind solved and we all get a little smarter.
Want to see people shot down in flames for being stupid try Microchips forums.
Want to see people begging for homework assignments and e-books try electro-tech-online, problem is that site is 99% leeches and 1% helpful. On the other hand lots of rapidshare links.

Just for fun I'm going to throw AND_ECE a bone, here's a remote controlled light dimmer project. Everything he would need is on the site. A simple google search is all it took.
Lets see what happens. And it comes with a warning.
ATTENTION, HIGH VOLTAGE!
Watch out when building this project, seeing that the whole PCB is under life line high voltage!!!
Don't program the PIC in the PCB with --in circuit programming-- !
Seeing that this PCB doesn't use a transformer, the whole PCB is under high 230V network voltage.
The PIC as well!
The 11 Watt resistor can be very warm (60°C), beware for burning or melting materials and bodyparts!
https://www.picbasic.nl/frameload_uk.htm?https://www.picbasic.nl/lichtdimmer_uk.htm
**broken link removed**

Is is a good design? Well I've never personally hooked a 78L05 to the mains.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
When one of your components gets hot enough to cook an egg on, it's not a good design....but clever? yes.

Last edited:
Yea it's a wasteful design, especially in a world trying to go green. I like the really thin wires soldered to the bulb. Probably not UL approved :) That U2008 is not exactly a common part either.

slosjo said:
And yet again I ask, making fun of them accomplishes what? I understand the situations that arise in forums when people are looking for someone to do their work for them, and when this happens, it is usually very obvious. My point is this: you people sound like a bunch of high school kids the way you are making fun of AND_ECE; it's ridiculous. Be mature and either help or shut up. I won't do the work for said poster, but if he will take the initiative to do some research and ask a good question or two, I'll answer. Otherwise, I keep quiet.

Moderator, hello? Do you want the qulaity of this forum to improve? You can do that by moderating these immature posts...really, what do they add? The forum would be much better without them.

well mabye you should click on AND_ECE and go and read ALL his posts/threads, and then copy one that makes sense and post it here!!!

if you really do read ALL his posts it seems like he is making fun of us, way more than we are of him, and as for "Moderating" this forum, i dont think there is much of a chance considering that all are fairly well known around this forum, and our posts ARE FAIR to all, you get what you give.

shaneshane1 said:
what is the point in us helping you, you dont know how to read a circuit, you dont know how to read symbols, and you dont know how to read.

start out with real easy things, REAL EASY like lighting a LED correctly, and as you LEARN you will work this stuff out for you self, but personally i think you are deliberatley asking these questions to annoy everyone, and there time is been wasted on you, please explain how i could possibly be wrong about you AND_ECE?

well if you are not interested in this topics p.s shut-up!!! am join on this forum ELECTRO_TECH_ONLINE to learn more and get more ideas from everybody in whole world and i think you really-really good!!!shaneshane1 i know am a beginner on this field and bieng a beginner is to ask to everyone have a lot of idea.. and if you are not interested in my question or topics pls. shut-up you are annoying to everyone..hambogero!!! sorry

blueroomelectronics said:
Is is a good design? Well I've never personally hooked a 78L05 to the mains.
That what I thought at first. Then I realized they put the rectifier and the "hot" resistor in the "negative side of the circuit" for a lack of a better way of saying it. Gotta love the little heat waves above the 11W resistor! :D

AND_ECE said:
well if you are not interested in this topics p.s shut-up!!! am join on this forum ELECTRO_TECH_ONLINE to learn more and get more ideas from everybody in whole world and i think you really-really good!!!shaneshane1 i know am a beginner on this field and bieng a beginner is to ask to everyone have a lot of idea.. and if you are not interested in my question or topics pls. shut-up you are annoying to everyone..hambogero!!! sorry

well how about you put a little more effort into LEARNING electronics, and please stop asking the same questions, do you forget you have asked a question, so you post it again, i dont want to be rude to you but, YOU DONT EVEN TRY AND_ECE, people are trying to teach you, if you just listen you will learn.

AND_ECE if you're a beginner that start with the basics, don't try to build a complete project before you have a grasp of the fundamentals. IMPORTANT a beginner should avoid anything to do with the AC mains. It can and will kill you.
https://www.ethanwiner.com/HWTutor.html

hambogero? I goggled it and got this
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
shaneshane1 said:
well how about you put a little more effort into LEARNING electronics, and please stop asking the same questions, do you forget you have asked a question, so you post it again, i dont want to be rude to you but, YOU DONT EVEN TRY AND_ECE, people are trying to teach you, if you just listen you will learn.
AM REALLly sorry shaneshane1.. i know it is my fault, am really sorry, am only a begginer of this field,it is enough!!? I think much better i call you "SIR", oh by the way "sir" am only high school student and a begginer electronics enthuasiast i hope you can understand why asking for!!!iam Sorry:(
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey Sir, Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back