Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High powered LED light design

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebooot

A group of my friends and I are trying to start a project. We need to learn how manufacturing high powered LED lights. We want to build MR16, PAR series type of lights, flurescents, etc. We have a micochip manufacturing facility and we just need the know how's.

As we understand, we need to learn how to design the thermal managments system (if there are existing designs then great), how to build a driver, etc.

Where can we accumulate such information? It seems that this should be easy in the world of free information and accumulation of brain power. Shouldn't it?

Survey what your competitors are already selling. Have you heard of Google?

Last edited:
Hard to believe you have a "micochip" (microchip?) manufacturing facility and don't know how to find that information.:rolleyes:

Maybe Rebooot needs to step back and reboot the project! Maybe he has access to a u-chip facility for the supplies and doesn't necessarily own it? Any way companies like Lights of America, LSI, and others have already blazed a path into a variety of LED lighting schemes... to even include LED lighting in box trailers for 18 wheelers. And some of their designs use the Luxeon LEDs also. I've seen this myself in person. One engr. has mounted some of the proto-types in his home garage and it's quite impressive I must admit-- it's bright as if 4' flourescent fixtures were hung up but at a fraction of the power consumption!

Contact HUEY JANN Electronics Taiwan (R.O.C. = Republic Of China).

They are just marketing a 50W LED and will certainly share their knowledge with you. :)

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back