How To Beef Up My FM Transmitter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GARRETTI

Ive just recently got into the whole personal FM radio station business! Im trying to increase the range of my FM transmitter to at least 1 mile. How do i do it?

Right now i have a Belkin iTrip2 that i have modified a bit to get extra range but im striving for more, im not looking to take over any local stations or anything, I just want to play around a bit!

It's illegal, don't do it - but if you really want to, get a real transmitter and not a toy.

Never attempted to buy one, and I probably couldn't as it's illegal? - but for a professional product you expect to pay a professional price.

The laws regarding radio are different depending on the country you live in. Where do you live ?

**broken link removed**
Ramsey kits has many FM transmitters.
You probably paid $15 for you transmitter (100mW) and can almost reach the garage. They really can only transmit to one room. They are sold to transmit to one house.
Look at the FM100B it produces 1 watt and with a good antenna it should reach out. I know $270 breaks the bank. The FM100 has an audio limiter built in that keeps too loud audio form over driving the transmitter, just like a real radio station.

Antenna design and antenna height is very important. How far do you want to reach? One house over or one mile?

You want...

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Or maybe just a 1Watt?

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
stickpin said:
You want...

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Or maybe just a 1Watt?

**broken link removed**

Yes thats what i was looking for not the first couple those are a little to extreme for me but if 1 watt can do over a mile than thats what i need! How much are we talking here as far as price? Can i build it myself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…