Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to write binary in ROM???

Status
Not open for further replies.
27C series cant be re programmed unless erased by UV eraser until contents are cleared. That is where i suggested to use 27F512
Later you got 28series also.
if by any chance if you can manage serial eeproms, better chose that. there are many programmers that can load the dump cheaply.

27C series cant be re programmed unless erased by UV eraser until contents are cleared. That is where i suggested to use 27F512
Later you got 28series also.
if by any chance if you can manage serial eeproms, better chose that. there are many programmers that can load the dump cheaply.
I have UV. so there will be no problem to erase the 27C. so can i programm the 27C with the programmer what i have mentioned in the previous link???
:confused:

youu can see the listing off chips at the end of the link you gave.
I saw 27512 that uses 21V Vpp. No trace of 27C512. I suppose that 27Cseries uses 12.5V only as Vpp. thus unless a mod is implemented you may not be able. perhaps one has to down grade it as 27C256 using one address pin less. These chips used to have some signature, and if it comes on the way of id it may not be possible.

I have UV. so there will be no problem to erase the 27C. so can i programm the 27C with the programmer what i have mentioned in the previous link???
:confused:

Yes, just do a text search for the IC you want on the "chips supported" link from product page you posted. The 27C512 is there three times.

Last edited:
@ChrisP58,
you are right
But it says with new software.
the O P needs to seek new software for it and pay $38/- plus customs charges to get it. Just to to write 218 bytes into 27C512. Perhaps one time managing manual way would be cost effective and he could use the funds for a better cause.

Last edited:
Yes, just do a text search for the IC you want on the "chips supported" link from product page you posted. The 27C512 is there three times.

ok I'll do that..

@ChrisP58,
you are right
But iyt says ith new software.
wthe OI P needs to seek new software for it and apy $38/- plus customs charges to get it. Just to to write 218 bytes into 27C512. Perhaps one time managing manual way would be cost effective and he could use the funds for a better cause.
I'll also check our local market in Kolkata for ROM Programmer within my range!!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back