Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Human Tracking Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

flemmard

Hi,
I'm thinking of tracking a human within certain area.The person can carry any circuit with him/her so that the person's identity is located.I wish to track the person wirelessly and able to locate the person (no need camera tracking -some person's ID number would be enough to show in PC)

Can anyone give me some idea how to implement this ?
This is an home project for myself.

Thanks

hey hi,
nice to know that someone is having the same idea as mine..
even i am thinking of making a similar project.. in fact the same

what i am planning to do is use a transmitter that will send rf signals(1). the human which is to be tracked down will be carrying the circuitry whcih will receive the signals and send back another signal(2). these signals(2) will be received by the original transmitter and thus will interrupt the counter which had started at the emission of the rf signals(1). thus we wil know at what distance the human is .. but from one transmitter we can only know the distance and not the direction, hence three transmitters in three corners ( something like gps )

if you are considering to track the human in a large area say 1/2 mile radius or so (which i am planning to do) then you wil need to send signals which would be having frequency in Mhz.. and this is where i am currently stuck at. i am looking for cheap ways to generate sine wavs of such high frequency.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/mhz-frequency-generator.32205/

ujjvalshah said:
hey hi,
nice to know that someone is having the same idea as mine..
even i am thinking of making a similar project.. in fact the same

what i am planning to do is use a transmitter that will send rf signals(1). the human which is to be tracked down will be carrying the circuitry whcih will receive the signals and send back another signal(2). these signals(2) will be received by the original transmitter and thus will interrupt the counter which had started at the emission of the rf signals(1). thus we wil know at what distance the human is .. but from one transmitter we can only know the distance and not the direction, hence three transmitters in three corners ( something like gps )

if you are considering to track the human in a large area say 1/2 mile radius or so (which i am planning to do) then you wil need to send signals which would be having frequency in Mhz.. and this is where i am currently stuck at. i am looking for cheap ways to generate sine wavs of such high frequency.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/mhz-frequency-generator.32205/

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.I need to track within an area of 300 meters .So what should i do then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back