I hate RAP Music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

one_resistor

hello everybody.
I need urgent help, to be able to do my work I need a lot of concentration, recently my company hired some youths that don't respect the rules and the habiente of my work and they listen an fm station that plays music rap all day, and I already hate to listen that music. does somebody have an idea to how create a circuit to block that specific fm station?
thank you.

Get a FM transmitter with a strong enough signal to blot out their frequency, or transmit some other music on that frequency from a MP3 player. I recently bought a FM transmitter module that will do the job. It is whisper clean so they won't know the difference from any another station. Look at www.edmdesign.com

do u wanna build or buy it?

cuz i got a little circuit that u could build in about an hour that will cause silence to com over the station, n it will take less than an hour 2 build (depends on how good u r :lol: )

Alternate solutions:
ask them to turn it down
get mp3 player and listen to your own music...
you should be able to find a simple fm broadcast add on for most mp3 players... my friend has one for his ipod.

I got an Idea if you need to concentrate, Buy one of those Really Good headphones with sound cancelation to block out outside noises, and play relaxing music of your own that you like. You won't even know their there. And Depending where you live it can be illegal to do what you have asked to do interfering with a local radio station.

zachtheterrible:

I'd be interested in those plans, if you've still got them laying around. I was thinking about maybe finding out what the requirements are for getting licensed to a certain FM band and building my own transmitter.... but thats probably a lot of work and money.

You haven't entered your location, so we don't know what country you are in?. This is the factor which will make the greatest difference, in the UK you would have to apply for an FM broadcast licence - this would be VERY expensive, and the chances of being awarded one are pretty slim.

It's also likely that a home built transmitter wouldn't be allowed, in any case the cost of a professional transmitter is probably nothing compared to the costs of a licence.

in the US, operating a small wide band FM transmitter is perfectly legal w/o any license. in california neway. ya know those wireless mics u see all the time, they're on the 88-108 MHZ band.

it sounds like u want to play music where you live, unfortunately, this is a bug transmitter (and a very good one). it could be changed to suit your needs, but it wouldn't be stereo, and there would be a bit of work to get it to transmit really nice bass and stuff. here are the plans though.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2004/12/DIY-k7.pdf

Now if u want to plug it into an mp3 player or something, the circuit would have to be changed a bit. The microphone amp part would be taken out and

if you can get access to the noise maker, change station to something like country or jazz and glue the frequency knob. :twisted: (just kidding)

do u wanna build or buy it?

cuz i got a little circuit that u could build in about an hour that will cause silence to com over the station, n it will take less than an hour 2 build (depends on how good u r )

i wanna build one... teehehehe

a BFH is all you need...(big *bad word starting with F* hammer.
Smash the crap outta their radio, then tell the little punks that you are trying to get real work done.

Or just ask them to either turn it down/off or get some headphones...

Personally, I like option 1.

eh solidhelix, i posted the schematic link. just build everything to the right of the 47k resistor there. ull have to fidle w/ teh LC part to get the right freq. and tune it w/ something that isnt conductive. it works REALY good as a bug too if u build the mic amp part.

jeff, ya gotta admit that it would be pretty sweet to watch the look on the "young punks" faces wen they turn on their radio n ther is nothin but silence . . . or classic music :twisted:

can i use one of those fm transmitters in my mask(please see topic below:Headset) so my friends and i could talk to eachother during paintball, and would i need to make a receiver or sumthing? plz reply in my post: Headset

zachtheterrible said:
jeff, ya gotta admit that it would be pretty sweet to watch the look on the "young punks" faces wen they turn on their radio n ther is nothin but silence . . . or classic music :twisted:

Zach, They would figure that the radio was broken and buy a new one or just switch to CD's or something. It would be even better to just walk over to them with a hammer and smash the crap outta it. :twisted: Then they would know what to expect if they tried it again

good point jeff :lol: . it would still be fun to fiddle around with thier minds a little bit before he goes and "nicely ask them to stop".

hmm, lets see here, play some REEEEEALY RREEEEALY HARDCORE METAL, or, a (in my opinion) REALLY annoying band like simple plan or a new found glory. or backstreet boys, haa haa!!

and the best part is theyd never know its him :twisted:

mmmmmm another way to get dose rappin ******ers is when they aint around tune the radio to a classic station then supa glue the tuning knob.

Just an evil thought :twisted:

Hehheh, what would be really funny, is if you could create something that you could put near their radio, that would interupt ALL of the stations on it. :lol: That way they couldn't even change the station. They'd be like, "What's going on here? No matter what station it's on it's playing the same thing!" Be even funnier if you could hook the interupter up to a 10 second playback chip with some annoying message repeating on it or something. :lol: If you make sure the range is short enough, it is legal. But you have to put it near the radio because the range for legal FM broadcasting is no more than a few feet or so I think.

that's simple, just get a bit stronger transmitter and modulate it with
square wave for example. it will polute much much more than just the FM band ...

Sorry, but I needed to bump this thread of 2 years.

Its just to funny an idea not to be seen by others - I also hate rap music.

why don't you just call the security! lol ..i knew this was going to be a funny thread since i read the title!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…