Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I hate RAP Music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

South Park is made in Colorado

The concept was featured in an episode of South Park (3x17: "World Wide Recorder Concert") as a sound that caused the entire population of Earth to empty their bowels uncontrollably. In the show, the "brown noise" was described as "92 cents below the lowest octave of E-Flat", although the pitch sounded was actually F# (46.25 Hz).

(WIKI)

Those two guys who test and try 'myths" on their TV show Mythbusters tried to make Brown Noise with a bunch of sub-woofers and very powerful amplifiers.
It didn't cause a laxative effect
The guy said his eyes were vibrating so much that he couldn't see clearly.

I play the sub-woofer in my car pretty loud and it sounds and feels great, no laxative effect. The rear-view mirror vibrates so much that I can't see who is behind me clearly.

The mechanical oscillator's frequency would be more of a square wave of a set frequency. Probably a very low frequency. It's been a long while, and not a lot of technical detail on most of Tesla stuff like this, but I believe he was using something between 3-4 Hz, when trying to determine the natural frequency of the planet. Might be too low for a subwoofer (cut off around 20Hz).

Well, back from doing some searching google, no numbers for the laxative frequency. Was wrong about earth's frequency, stated a couple of times to be around 8 Hz. Guessing the laxative frequency is much higher, perhaps above the subwoofer cut-off range.

Really don't know how much the surface state effects the over all frequency of the planet, since it is only a fraction of the total mass. But that's really not anything I have much education in. I'm just looking into a potential weapon to combat RAP and BASS BOMBERS. Wouldn't these two plagues on society be less popular, if those who like to share it with their neighbors, need to change their pants frequently?

I don't know that it can be done, or the detail, but it does seem to be something that might work. Just looking into it for entertainment purposes...

HarveyH42 said:
Well, back from doing some searching google, no numbers for the laxative frequency. Guessing the laxative frequency is much higher, perhaps above the subwoofer cut-off range.

It's just an urban legend, so you're not likely to find something that doesn't exist!.

Yeah, I knew the TV show thing was crap when I was sitting there listening to the discussion. I'm more interest in the more physical vibrations that rattle the windows, and tuning them or into vibrating the contents of the intestinal track. I didn't see Mythbusters, or South Park for that matter (no cable or satelite), so don't really know those details. Was the Mythbusters show about sound in general, or just focusing on South Park, or a Brownian noise generator? What I'm looking into, isn't either of these.

Mythbusters used what looked like big PA speakers, not sub-woofers. So maybe their very low frequencies weren't strong enough.

Look in Google for links to The Jackhammer. It is a huge 369 pounds 6000W RMS 22" sub-woofer. There are funny videos of it being installed and played.

Attachments

• Jackhammer.PNG
    Jackhammer.PNG
    131.2 KB · Views: 141
That's insane! But then again, why drive around with a loud stereo and wear earplugs...

Actually, I was thinking it would be easy to produce a CD on the computer, write something on it that would appeal to these loud stereo guys, and just leave it in the breakroom or lockeroom area. I've seen them laying around before, so I'm sure nobody will think it odd. I could probably get a copy, and just replace a few tracks...

Actually, I was thinking it would be easy to produce a CD on the computer, write something on it that would appeal to these loud stereo guys, and just leave it in the breakroom or lockeroom area. I've seen them laying around before, so I'm sure nobody will think it odd. I could probably get a copy, and just replace a few tracks...
I've got nothing against rap music per se - crap comes in all genres. Speak to someone in the know about what's good and what's not, and try to expand your palette (metaphorically of course - don't be a big mouth) when you have the opportunity.

That said, I've got no tolerance for people who won't respect the personal space of other people around them. Make a mix CD of some of the sweetest music the offenders love (that'll take some research and empathy on your part), but in the middle of one of the tracks insert the audio of a data file. The effect should be the equivalent of those relaxing Internet videos that lure you into a false sense of sercurity before some horrible face suddenly appears. I can't make any guarantees, but it should scare them sh*tless - metaphorically, of course.

Be sure to record the "bait music" about 20 db below normal. Most people won't think twice about simply jacking up the volume until it sounds right.

When it comes time for the surprise, be sure it's recorded at the maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back