Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Icd2 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUNAR

HELLO GUYS, i am trying to make my own icd2 clone based on stolz configuration, using PIC16F876A.
But i get no responce from mplab.:(

1. I am using usb to serial converter to communicate with the pic controller.
2. I have burnt the hex file given by stolz in the controller.
3. I have checked the usb to serial converter by echoing in hyperterminal.
4. I have given manual input to Transistors to generate MCLR signal it switches fine between 5v and 13.5v.
5. I am using PN2222 as NPN transistor and C557 as PNP transistor.

note: i am making the circuit on breadboard.

PLEASE SUGGEST WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT.

Last edited:
Several of us built ICD2 clones. Most of us now use USB based PICkit2's or their clones.

Your echo test of the USB to RS232 converter is not good enough to verify that the adaptor. The ICD2 uses lines other then TX and RX. Most adaptors do not handle these well or at all. My suggestion is to find an old PC with a serial port and use it at least till you verify your ICD2 works.

The only major components that take part in the connect (MPLAB to ICD2) are the RS232 level shifter, and the processor.

Bill has a ICD2 clone kit called the inchworm. blueroomelectronics - Smart Kits Build Smart People Somewhere in his info he talks about adaptors and the one he knows that works.​

Last edited:
Most USB to rs232 adapters don't work with the ICD2. I built the Unicorn kit to address the problem. As 3V0 said most of us have moved on to USB programmers and clones based on the 18F2550

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back