Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implementing IC's on PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old fashioned TTL logic (that I used 40 years ago) has a max output low current of 16mA so that each output can drive 10 inputs (a fanout of 10).
Therefore the max input low current is 16mA/10= 1.6mA.
It is preferred to have the input pulled down to at most 0.4V (the max allowed input low is 0.8V) so a pull-down resistor is 0.4V/1.6mA= 250 ohms max.

I never lived nor worked in India or in England so I never called anybody SIR. Nobody ever called me a SIR except Indian kids on these forums. Sometimes in old movies people are called SIR.

I never lived nor worked in India or in England so I never called anybody SIR. Nobody ever called me a SIR except Indian kids on these forums. Sometimes in old movies people are called SIR.

hi agu,
In England the Sir title is not required by Law, its just a way of addressing someone when you want to convey the point that you respect them as a person or sometimes their position in a formal situation, its far better than saying 'hey you!'.

I hope you are now fully operational and functioning within your design parameters after last years Op..:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back