Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR Decoder Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hello friends !

I have ST3659 ( Infrared remote control decoder RC5 - Parallel Output).
Link is : **broken link removed**

I want to add one relay at the output of this IC.
So , at which pin should I add my relay and which key is to pressed on my RC-5 remote to turn on/off relay.

I will be using transistor to turn on/off my relay.

thanks

pressing a button on your RC-5 remote will cause a bit pattern at D0-D5 (pins 11-17), and for -CA (pin 1) to go low for 200msec. Didn't you read the description of the part. The pattern that appears on D0-D5 will depend on which key you press on the remote. If you have -CA clock a f/f then you could have the f/f drive the transistor and it wouldn't matter what key you hit, hit once to turn on, again to turn off. If you want to use a specific key to turn on and/or turn off, then you need to see what pattern appears when you press that key and use a decoder to trigger the f/f when it sees that pattern.

pressing a button on your RC-5 remote will cause a bit pattern at D0-D5 (pins 11-17), and for -CA (pin 1) to go low for 200msec. Didn't you read the description of the part. The pattern that appears on D0-D5 will depend on which key you press on the remote. If you have -CA clock a f/f then you could have the f/f drive the transistor and it wouldn't matter what key you hit, hit once to turn on, again to turn off. If you want to use a specific key to turn on and/or turn off, then you need to see what pattern appears when you press that key and use a decoder to trigger the f/f when it sees that pattern.

thanks for your reply..
do you have any circuit ...
or any idea..
i just want IR remote receiver at least 2channel to control my lights and fan with my TV remote

Last edited:
here is a quick look at a decoder circuit... this works fine for a relay with a 5v or 12v coil. the on/off will be determined by the pattern on D0-D4 (in this circuit, D4 needs to be a 1 and all others a 0 to get relay 1 to turn off, and d4+d0 a 1 and D1-3 a 0 to turn relay 1 on).

View attachment 68605

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back