IR Decoder Help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Hello friends !

I have ST3659 ( Infrared remote control decoder RC5 - Parallel Output).
Link is : **broken link removed**

I want to add one relay at the output of this IC.
So , at which pin should I add my relay and which key is to pressed on my RC-5 remote to turn on/off relay.

I will be using transistor to turn on/off my relay.

thanks

pressing a button on your RC-5 remote will cause a bit pattern at D0-D5 (pins 11-17), and for -CA (pin 1) to go low for 200msec. Didn't you read the description of the part. The pattern that appears on D0-D5 will depend on which key you press on the remote. If you have -CA clock a f/f then you could have the f/f drive the transistor and it wouldn't matter what key you hit, hit once to turn on, again to turn off. If you want to use a specific key to turn on and/or turn off, then you need to see what pattern appears when you press that key and use a decoder to trigger the f/f when it sees that pattern.

thanks for your reply..
do you have any circuit ...
or any idea..
i just want IR remote receiver at least 2channel to control my lights and fan with my TV remote

Last edited:
here is a quick look at a decoder circuit... this works fine for a relay with a 5v or 12v coil. the on/off will be determined by the pattern on D0-D4 (in this circuit, D4 needs to be a 1 and all others a 0 to get relay 1 to turn off, and d4+d0 a 1 and D1-3 a 0 to turn relay 1 on).

View attachment 68605

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…