Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IRF540N (N Channel) Question

• Thread starter Robot builder 101
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robot builder 101

I have a question that goolgo search and datasheet diddnt answer:
What is the pin layout of IRF540N? (G,D,S)?

Also on a different question, if I put 2 PNP or NPN transistors in parallel, can they switch more current?

Robot builder 101 said:
I have a question that goolgo search and datasheet diddnt answer:
What is the pin layout of IRF540N? (G,D,S)?

Also on a different question, if I put 2 PNP or NPN transistors in parallel, can they switch more current?

hi,

Pin out gif.

If you connect power transistors in parallel you have to connect a power resistor in the emitter of each transistor in such a way as the two transistors 'share' the current.

datasheet at www.datasheetarchive.com

Eric

Last edited:
You can parallel power MOSFETS without adding source resistors though.

I remembered you could connect the emitter of a NPN to the base of another NPN to get some more current that way.

Robot builder 101 said:
I remembered you could connect the emitter of a NPN to the base of another NPN to get some more current that way.
You don't get more current from the second transistor. You get a more sensitive input with a very low input bias current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back