Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to Tap Mobile/Satellite Phone network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

Is it possible to Tap Mobile/Satellite Phone network?
If Yes, how do they do?
Because, i've seen it done by Cop,
i want to know how they'll do.
Dont worry, I'm not goin to Try! :)

Old analog 900MHz phones could be listened into with some scanner radios. New digital nope, you need specialized gear that you can't get.

It wouldn't be used if it couldn't be monitored by the Government. Without giving too much away the only place you have a chance is the hop between the cell phone & the base station. Once it's at the base station it is digitally modulated with everything else it becomes "lost" to anything outside the digital structure. The further into the system it get the more lost it is to an outsider. Moving from base station to base station further complicates things. Even Governments will rely on the Telco to deconstruct the "structure" in the system to get back to a single cell phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back