Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is YesElec.com a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christinelee808

Is yeselec.com a scam?

yeselec.com sells electronics at extremely discounted prices. I asked how they can sell at such low prices and their response was by buying directly from the manufacturer. I even asked which where the factory of Canon cameras (what I'm looking to buy) is from and they said Japan, which is where most Canon products are made, but they could always just be lying. I'm still hesitant because of such low prices (around 1/4 the normal). Does anyone know if this is a scam or are the products genuine? Has anyone ordered from them before?

Thanks

If it sounds too good to be true it is! That is rule #1. If they will sell you for example a Canon EOS 7D for $799 then assume something is very wrong. Also look for reviews and better business bureau reviews online. Google is your friend.

Ron

I wouldn't trust it.
Written by Damian about 2 weeks ago.
Whatever you do, DO NOT send money, first off they will tell you they dont accept paypal for orders over $500. That should be your first hint, any legitimate business would accept paypal. They will ask you to send the money western union or money gram< DONT!!!!
I sent money for an Ipad, they recieved the money, then the next day they sent me an email about some new customs regulations, that i needed to pay an additional $165 so my product could clear customs.
Any legitimate business would know about these types of fees upfront, but of course they wait until they already have some of my money, and all I can do is either send more and hope to recieve my purchase, or cut my loses and let them keep my money.
I should have known better, if i had atleast used paypal, i would have some recourse. Please learn from my mistake, dont purchase anything from this company.

Maybe the products are refurbs. Then a defective one is returned to a store, it might or might not be repaired then resold at a lower price.
It might be missing some accessories.

Hello,

After reading all these nasty replies im even afraid just to go to their site with my browser let alone buy anything from them :)

There pretty bad.

Most Web-utation sites that have any info on them rate them at 40%.

So a Do not trust, site.

The only thing they had above a 0(zero) rating for was "Child Health Hazard"

I looked at the prices of 2 times compared to their retail value and ran away screaming...
Obviously a scam.

is yeselec a scam yes it is

donot send any money or even go to this site its a scam and they are just thieves. im afraid that i was a stupid guy who sent money to them and since january they keep saying yes next week we post but this never happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back