Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

keycode circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-wiz

Hello everyone

I'm new here and i hope someone can help ??

I need a circuit which will give me a simple 1 second pulse to energise a relay when a correct key code is entered on a small numeric keypad.

This circuit is being fitted to my track bike as i've no ignition barrel. So i want to enter a code which will then pulse a relay which i'll latch for my ignition then i'll have a kill switch which will break the latch !

Many thanks guys

Glen

That should like a pretty cool idea. I've wanted to do this with my car for some time.
I dont know about your bike, but for my car, I would probably use a remote start module as the base. That way I could either start it on my way to my car or if I dont have my remote, punch in a code in the car.
There are 'keypad' schematics out there, I've seen them before. Most are pretty simple but I have seen a programmable one before. Sorry I dont have the pages saved though.
~Mike

google for an "electric combination lock" You can do it with some simple IC's (SR latch i think). You could also use a PIC microcontoller. alittle more complicated, but you could make it so that if you enter the wrong code it will make you wait a small amount of time before you can try again. You could take it one step further and make an increasing delay for wrong entries,
example:
1st wrong code you wait 5 seconds, 2nd wrong code you wait 10 seconds 3rd wrong code you wait 30 seconds...
(someone else posted this idea about increasing delays, so I dont want to take credit for it. :wink: )

jrz126 said:
You could take it one step further and make an increasing delay for wrong entries,
example:
1st wrong code you wait 5 seconds, 2nd wrong code you wait 10 seconds 3rd wrong code you wait 30 seconds...
(someone else posted this idea about increasing delays, so I dont want to take credit for it. :wink: )

It was me!, but feel free to 'steal' the idea - my PIC tutorials give details of a simple PIC based combination lock, which does'nt do the increasing delay, but I mentioned it as a possible improvement.

Cheers guy's

I have found something that will work just fine for what i need !!!

If anyone else is interested in this kind of circuit, have a look at the link below, and open CK210.pdf !!!

**broken link removed**

Thanks again !

well if you wanna take all the fun out of designing your own circuit then I guess that will work...

how about this circuit?

Attachments

• lockcir.gif
    lockcir.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 385
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back