Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lcd Pic 16f628

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spadez

Hi,

Im trying to drive an LCD display (Hitachi HD44780) with a 16f628 PIC. Ive found an ASM file online which should allow me to do it, but im wondering what kind of circuit I would need to make it. Would I need just a power input, my PIC and then the LCD screen contented to the outputs of the PICS or would additional components like resistors be required?

I was also wondering how many connects are needed to connect the LCD screen to the PIC.

Thank you for any help you can give!

James

Hi,

Im trying to drive an LCD display (Hitachi HD44780) with a 16f628 PIC. Ive found an ASM file online which should allow me to do it, but im wondering what kind of circuit I would need to make it. Would I need just a power input, my PIC and then the LCD screen contented to the outputs of the PICS or would additional components like resistors be required?

I was also wondering how many connects are needed to connect the LCD screen to the PIC.

Thank you for any help you can give!

James

hi,
The asm file you are using will determine which pins on the PIC and LCD are connected.
Post the asm file.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back