LED in a painting help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero999 said:
I believe you, audioguru doesn't understand that all the LEDs in your memory module were probably manufactured at exactly the same time.
I believe it because I bought a bag of 100 Fairchild LEDs and each one is nearly exactly the same. I could probably operate them in parallel but I won't. Because they aren't made anymore and if one or two need replacement then they won't be the same.

Marks256 said:
I'm not sure? All i know, is it worked flawlessly. I will take some video if you wish.

You can wear a blindfold and walk across a busy road!, just because you make it once doesn't mean you should recommend it to all your friends!.

LED's in parallel is a similar risk, it might work 'sometimes', but in all cases it's extremely likely to reduce the life of the LED's considerably (depending on how much current you're feeding them with?).

It's bad practice though, and not something you should be doing, let alone advising others to do.

I find usually when an LED burns out it goes continuous and will be below the voltage threshold of illumination.

e.g 3.4 Volts blue, 1.0 volts when burnt out.

RODALCO said:
I find usually when an LED burns out it goes continuous and will be below the voltage threshold of illumination.

Most I replace are O/C - but they aren't abused by putting them in parallel

Nigel Goodwin said:
You can wear a blindfold and walk across a busy road!, just because you make it once doesn't mean you should recommend it to all your friends!.
That's a great way of putting it!

Yup...use a 270R in series with the LED's (those also in series). U might consider using 4 or 5X1.5V without the 220R. If u are using 5m LED's consider about 15ma MAX/piece for long time use. So use a apropiate resistor.
I u are using diferent color LED's, use a resistor for every LED (because of the dif voltage drop).

Well sorry! I didn't know, but now i do. I fixed my drawing, and i said it should be done that way instead. What more do you want from me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…