Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM311 Voltage Comparator

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT:
Just seen Roff's post,,, did you really have all the 0V's 'floating'.???? doh.!

Yeah I really did! haha. I did have pin 4 connected to 0V but I didn't realize that the rectifier had to be attached to the battery 0V too.

In my defense, this is only the 2nd 'electronics project' I've worked on-- I did have 1 EE class but it was all theoretical (and maybe I didn't pay enough attention).

Eric and Roff, I am a mechanical engineering student and am pretty good at CAD (SolidWorks) so if either of you ever want some CAD work done, let me know!

Eric, as for the hysteresis, I didn't notice anything (maybe I wouldn't?) I'll buy a 470K tomorrow and try it out. Is there any way to shorten the time it takes the motor to turn off when I turn off the VAC?

Thanks Again!

Peter

Y
Is there any way to shorten the time it takes the motor to turn off when I turn off the VAC?

Thanks Again!

Peter

hi,
Do you mean relay/motor switch OFF rate or stopping the motor.???

Use an SPDT relay, and connect the other relay contact to GND. This will short out the motor when the relay turns off, stopping the motor - maybe faster than you would like. If it is too fast, play around with some low-value resistors in series with the grounded contact.
EDIT: A reverse-biased 1N4001 diode across the motor should also work.

EDIT: These methods assume that you are switching the high side of the motor, i.e., the other motor lead is connected to ground.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back