Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Location Based Advertising For Public Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxfourier

Hello everyone, I'm thinking of doing a project on Location Based Advertising(For Public Transport) but I'm a complete beginner at practical/projects. I have the basic idea of what i need to do but i really don't know how to do it.

I'm doing this for a minor project so I'm currently making only a smaller component of a bigger project so i can later add more functionality and use it as my major project.

What I want my project to do:

(I'm gonna set it up in my car to begin with)

-Identify between three locations, say - A, B, & C. I am using a 5 km distance covering three different locations. I will take different paths and move my car within this path
-Show rotating ads of a particular location until it gets a new location.
-The ads would be shows on a dot matrix display

What i think i need to do:

-The 8051 gets data from a GPS receiver(Interfacing)
-Map it to a name of a location (A, B or C)(Programming)
-Map the name to ads from that location(Programming)
-Display the ads on the dot matrix display (Interfacing)

ie. [GPS->Programmed 8051->Dot Matrix]

What I'm confused with:

-Is the above (what-i-think-i-need-to-do-list) correct or have i missed something?
-What do i need for a GPS - module or receiver : is there a difference?
-What is it's output - {Latitude, Longitude}?
-Can i keep a table in the programming that maps the {lat, long} -> {location name} -> {ads from location}
-If not, how do i do it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back