Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low voltage steam generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks guys for your input, I think i will stick to a conventional steam raising boiler and utilise DCC control from the tracks for the servo's, as you state it is the largest 18" gauge locomotive Bagnal Built and the model is not far off the sizes of small 16mm live steam locomotives and these are mainly gas or meths fired with radio control systems for operating the servo mechanisms. You have given me some ideas that could be utilised to simulate steam when I come to build a smaller prototype. below is where I am at **broken link removed**

Not of any use to you now, but a LONG time ago (late 60's) I used to know a guy who ran a small company (from a disused railway station building funnily enough) that made and sold live steam railway models, as well as hand made electric ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back