microbubble detector in moving blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

bytriz

hi!

i am now working on to build microbubble detector (in moving blood) using infrared. i plan to use Ir emitter of 850nm. however i'm kinda confused on how to match it with any other phototransistor/photo detector. and plus, i'm kinda confused of both usage. are both phototran/photo detector are all same? for now, i am kinda need help on choosing which is the best detector for that particular Ir emitter. i am really in need of help.

tq.

850nm is a pretty common wavelength for IR diodes and transistors which can be purchased in matched pairs.

Also, this sounds like a fairly invasive piece of equipment and would need proper approval before it can be legally used.

oh ya~about that, i'm still thinking not using the real blood. maybe just using some liquid that having same or nearly same density as blood. However, it is still in discussion with my supervisor.

btw, this is an academic reasearch. erm..is it wrong to ask here if with that intention(academic research).

bytriz,

I think your inquiry is very appropriate here. "Clinical" would get into a little risky area, but even clinical projects start as research. The questions here range from the very simple...to...those that are way too complex...but we almost always learn something from them.

I'm a former Biomedical Engineering Tech so you goal is intriguing. Is the bubble detector "the" project, or is this a "buy? vs build?" part for a larger project? The blood bubble detectors I'm familiar with are ultrasonic.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…