Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modulo 5 to Modulo 6 up-down Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

magik5

Hello all,

I have to in a computer organization class,create a modulo-6 up down counter. I have a modulo 5 that functions the same. Here's the mod 5

I am having trouble implementing the mod 6 counter though.

i know from creation of my excitation table that my current state (Q2,Q1,Q0) would be 1-0-0 (4) and I need to change state to 1-0-1 (5).

I am using 3 JK FF. I know Q2=J2K2, Q1=J1K1, Q0=J0,K0. From the transition from 4 to 5, Q2-Q1 do not change. Q0- changes from 0 to 1, where I know J must = 1, and K = do not care.

How can I have this implemented on mod5 so I can change it to a mod6 up down ?

I will continue to work, but all help, insight, and information is quite valuable to me. I thank all in advanced.

Attachments

• mod5-.JPG
    mod5-.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 1,479
Hello, Like I said I would be working.

Here's is what i have come up with.

With what I have here it counts up all the way to 7 (111) then back to zero. I am supposed to get it to stop at 5, and then reset to 0. And it does not count down at all....

am i not thinking logically ? I guess not, any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• mod5-2.JPG
    mod5-2.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 634
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back