More POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way to increase the output is to change the transformer turns ratio, ie more turns on the output side means more volts! so the transformer 5+5t needs more turns on the secondary side.

Last edited:
thank you i was thinking about ordering a big flyback online do you no of any high output flybacks

that wont work if you are actually talking power ... upping the output winding only increases the voltage ratio and in a flyback the output voltage is what ever it needs to be for the flux to drive current out, the thing that changes is the voltage on the drivers.

POWER is ENERGY (in joules) times time, or in this case frequency ... power in watts is 1/2 F*I^2*L, I being the peak primary current. NOTHING else changes that.

Problem is you have a crappy circuit and while playing with the frequency and PRIMARY turns will up the power you are likely to run it into saturation resulting in destructive failure (effectively a short circuit blowing out your drive transistors)

it does not sound like you are up to actual magnetics design... i have designed a few, it is helpful to design around cores with spring clips and standard paper for gaps.

dan

Last edited:
The only way to use the same input power for more output power you'd have to buy a more efficient power supply, there is nothing you can add to it that will increase the output power compared to input, there will always be conversion loss, voltage or current one always comes at the cost of the other, and there is always conversion loss. This is a law of nature that hasn't as yet been broken.

Last edited:

i think he wants to get more power through his transformer since close to 100W input is probably plenty. it is interesting to note that there is no clue was to what the "ferrite" is. as such it really is a doomed project, some hobbyist that hacked with crap till he got it working and posted the schematic as though he were a genius. two critical factors, dimension and gap, are not listed. a gapped core in a flyback can easily handle 10x the power of an ungapped one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…