Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion Activated Noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't make me keep quoting The Trashcan Man. I've waited patiently for 2 days. I even kept reading up on this stuff but still can't quite grasp the transistor.

Even though I'm probably talking to myself at this point, the base would connect to the 3V output on the PIR, the collector connects to the + on the PSU and the emitter would go to the relay?

Okay, it looks like this is going to work. My problem now is that i need to find a way to delay the PIR from going off again. The first time it goes off, it will activate the Recording Module. Unfortunately, if there is a second motion after a couple second then it turns off the Recording Module. Is there any way to delay the PIR from activating the relay?

Attachments

• Circuit.jpg
    Circuit.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
I'll look at it in more detail when I get home from work today. Like around 5 PM EDT in the US.

Ron

No, no, no. You have some problems in that drawing. You want the output of the PIR to drive the NPN transistor's base. Let me put a basic diagram together.

Ron

You want to set it up like the attached image. D1 can be a 1N4002 and is used to shunt the inductive kick of your relay. The transistor can be just about any general purpose NPN and the transistor base resistor between 1 and 10K depending on the transistor used. The drawing is rough but should give you the idea.

Ron

Attachments

• PIR Sensor Module.gif
    PIR Sensor Module.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 620
I will give that a shot but I won't have time to get those other parts til this weekend.

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back