Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motorbike led turn indicator for rear view mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks
with 4017 iam getting one led at a time pattern.
and 4029 is working fine for incremental type.but some times its failing.imean the pattern is starting from 2nd or 3rd led.
am i using right chip there.
can u suggest me some other replacement for it.

@Helder Ferreira
i made a circuit diagram based on what u explained.pls have a look
**broken link removed**

the two points that i don't understand is
1.Connect the cathodes of these zeners together with the base resistor of the 1º tr
2.Now connect the "base node" to the capacitor, trimmer, diode junction

am i missing something.pls correct the above pic if required.

guys pls give me some rough diagram(paint brush) so that i can understand better.

It means there is aproblem with the timer cicuit. Which 555 are u using? what is the value of the resistor and capacitor in 555 what is the time constant? are u running ur circuit on 5v or 12v? are u using the voltage regulator?

You should adapt R2 to R7 to the led current and test different zener voltages to suit the correct lightup sequence. I think this a plain and simple circuit that is immune to all electric "noise" in a motorbike power supply

36831896os2.JPG

Last edited:
are u saying that this circuit is giving u the sequence u want? or u want this circuit to be altered to give u the sequence u want
??

It will ramp from 1 led on to all in a speed adjusted by the VR, and the step is determined by the different zener diodes. As the capacitor charges when it reaches the zener vlotage + 0,7V from the junction it switches that led, then the next and so on.

Cry_Wolf said:
are u saying that this circuit is giving u the sequence u want? or u want this circuit to be altered to give u the sequence u want
??

This circuit is not suitable for you. cause you need a circuit that will repeat the same sequence after all leds have glown. but this circuit will stuck after all leds have glown ..

Don't forget that it is connected to the turn-signal lamp. on-led sequence, off-leds off, on- led sequence and so on

Cry_Wolf said:
This circuit is not suitable for you. cause you need a circuit that will repeat the same sequence after all leds have glown. but this circuit will stuck after all leds have glown ..

when u remove the turn-signal lamp there will be constant voltage coming to that terminal. Its the lamp that turn ON and OFF when constant 12V are applied to it

The battery you see is just an example. The circuit is connected in paralell with the lamp. When the lamp goes off the supply also.

Cry_Wolf said:
when u remove the turn-signal lamp there will be constant voltage coming to that terminal. Its the lamp that turn ON and OFF when constant 12V are applied to it

Not in parallel but in series:D

If the lamp is in paralell, if it goes off 12V will still be coming to the circuit.

But ur idea is true if u use it in series.

:confused: But i dont think so steve wanna use his circuit as well as the lamp!!

wow guys thats a lot of discussion.
i'll be connecting the circuit to the turn indicator lamp.as helder said the supply to the turn signal will be 12v and on-off-on-off type,as this will be driven by a relay.
so as per helder circuit LED's will glow in sequence of 1+2+3+4+5+6 and these all will stay until i rest the power(that means OFF condition of the turn signal).and again when the signal is in ON condition again the sequence will start.
am i right helder.

@Cry_Wolf
iam using the circuit as it is posted in the above link.mean while helder circuit seems work simple and fine.today i bought the components i'll try to populate and see the results.

Turn indicators have 2 lamps, one in the front and one in the rear. He can replace the front lamp by this circuit and it will work fine.

Cry_Wolf said:
Not in parallel but in series:D

If the lamp is in paralell, if it goes off 12V will still be coming to the circuit.

But ur idea is true if u use it in series.

:confused: But i dont think so steve wanna use his circuit as well as the lamp!!

how can he connect his circuit in series with the rear lamp while placing the circuit in the front lamp's box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back