Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MSComm String Data Out Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

Hi, I can send a single character when I press a command button in VB.

Here is the code

Code:
Private Sub Command1_Click()
MSComm1.Output = "A" + Chr(13)
End Sub

Now I need to send a string which is typed in the textbox when I pressed the command button. Can anybody help me out to do this?

Thanks

Try,
Code:
    MSComm1.Output = Text1.Text & vbCr
End Sub

Mike.

Hi Mike thats what I was looking, I couldn't find this on the net.

Ahh this will send a string what I type in the Text1 box.

I'll try to add your code.Can I change the character length also,I mean character length (Word) must not exceed 10 characters.Its never mind I'll try to solve that out.

Thanks Mike

You could do,
Code:
Dim Temp As String
    Temp = Text1.Text
    If Len(Temp) > 10 Then Temp = Left(Temp, 10)
    MSComm1.Output = Temp & vbCr
End Sub

Mike.

Hi Mike now I got it.Thanks for the superb code.All I understand except the Left(Temp, 10) part.Does it move left when it receive 11 characters?So every time it is a below 10 letter word.:)

Left just returns a number of characters from the beginning of the string and so, Temp=Left("Hello World",5) would result in Temp containing "Hello".

Mike.

Left just returns a number of characters from the beginning of the string and so, Temp=Left("Hello World",5) would result in Temp containing "Hello".

Mike.

Totally understood.I got everything from you that I was looking everywhere.

Thanks Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back