Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My boss is calling on my "electronic background"

Status
Not open for further replies.

phalynx212

Hey all-
I've been working here, at my present job for almost a year. Boss says, you were an electronics tech right? Which I was, in what seems another life- so long ago when I served in the Navy.
I am asking for your help in identifying the parts I need to build this side project.

We have 3 devices inside of an enclosure. One device has an output we would like to tap. The output is 36Vdc @ 1Amp and we need to regulate it to 9Vdc 1/2 amp to power.

Without being too complicated can you all help me fill my order-

So I need a 7809 regulator(+9V)-
But perusing the internet it looks like maybe I need to buy a circuit board and possibly some capacitors and jumpers along with a heat sink?
Is there something I can purchase all in one that will satisfy my needs? Prebuilt as my soldering skills are rusty :)

Thank you for any help you provide

Can you just get a 120Vac powered surplus 9V wall-wart?

(36-9)*0.5 = 12W is a BIG heatsink.

Thank you.

The 120Vac/9Vdc transformer option is available on one of our devices. On the other end, the receiver end, it is not.
We only have the 36Vdc option to work with.

The R-78HB9.0-0.5 switching regulator is a nice option. We may try this.

If I also may ask- The components I know, capacitors, diodes- What is the board called that I need to place and solder the components on to? Printed circuit board? wafer board? My memory fails...

Thanks again!

Proto board. See **broken link removed**.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back