Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My land mine tracer robo

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnatro

its an autonomous robot (armed with a metal detector ) which will trace out all the possibilities of land mine on a strip of area and then plot out on a graph. its wireless (with 433 Mhz link)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Metal detector"? Some land mines are non ferrous so they can't be detected that way.
You need BIG tires to clime over stones and plants.
Good idea I wish more people wore working on this.

its a prototype :) and my friend bonchuk says its not practical, at least we can use it for hidden treasures :)

That's pretty cool!!

While it may not be practical, it is proof of concept..Now it just needs refining.

What you have there is no different that the first homemade rocket's fired from a back yard that eventually led to the international space station..

It has its place,anything a machine can replace a person in potentially deadly situation's is a good thing..Dont stop there
Maybe you can find an old power wheel's buggy to up size it a little more..

**broken link removed**

And here's a thought
Maybe something that could place an egg sized explosive on top of the mine to remote detonate them when the mine's are found.

What you learn here will help you in your next project and the next.........and the next.

I have lived in Canada all my life and visited many civilized countries and I have never seen a land mine.
Do you have land mines in your city? Why?

interesting... i visited Israel a few years back, and the IDF is still clearing land mines from archaeological sites and tourist areas that were planted back in the 50's and 60's.

a mine finding robot isn't a new idea, but if you can get the thing to sniff for nitrates, or more complex explosive compounds, it may be able to detect non-ferrous mines. such sensor technology is not out of reach, as a lot of R&D is going into "chem labs on a chip", and some of these are already available. the trick would be to distinguish between nitrates naturally occurring in soil, and explosive compounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back