Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need to drop 6v to 3v

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've just connected it up like it showes in that schematic link you sent and the current draw is 0.03 thats using 3 volts from the adjustable powerpack which is 300mA,
Thanks for your patience mate
Jonny
thats alright! is it 0.03 or 0.3? because 0.03 is 30mA and 0.3 is 300mA?

it's 0.03 so 30 mA
right! now what do you want to do as far as making it work from your 6volt supply? you could use a 3volt regulator,make a shunt regulator or you could just use a resistor in series with your razor!? the last option is by far the easiest way BUT when the razor is under load the current will change and the resistor might get really hot or the shaver wont work properly, the shunt regulator will use more power over all but the shaver will get the correct voltage and current! the voltage regulator is the best option over all but requires more space and parts!

right what do i ned then, i can solder and make smallcircuits on stripboard, i just ned to know which bits i will need!!
thanks
Jonny

right what do i ned then, i can solder and make smallcircuits on stripboard, i just ned to know which bits i will need!!
thanks
Jonny
might be best to go with a 3.3volt low dropout regulator (don't worry about the other .3v it will be ok) that will be fine to run your razor's motor! you will have 3pins: #1(left) is where you will put your 6v to, #2(middle) is ground, #3(right) will be your 3.3volt output!

Last edited:
3.3v low dropout reg

might be best to go with a 3.3volt low dropout regulator (don't worry about the other .3v it will be ok) that will be fine to run your razor's motor! you will have 3pins: #1(left) is where you will put your 6v to, #2(middle) is ground, #3(right) will be your 3.3volt output!

is that what i need to ask for in the component shop a 3.3V low dropout regulator?

Many thanks for all your help pal id have been stuck without you all so cheers!!!

is that what i need to ask for in the component shop a 3.3V low dropout regulator?

Many thanks for all your help pal id have been stuck without you all so cheers!!!
yep thats right! just ask them for a 3.3volt low drop out voltage regulator (the input signal for these regulators are 4.5-5.5volts, but your 6 volt input should be fine) make sure you post back and tell use how it went!? for good measure you could also put a 0.47uf capacitor on the input of the regulator to ground and a 33uf capacitor on the output of the regulator to ground! its up to you and it might make it work better, but you should be fine without it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back