Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nobody out there knows about a 92 Honda Civic Stereo connections list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoorsie

It suprises me that something so simple has stumped the experts here at electro-tech-online. I thought for sure i would be hooking the stereo up on SUNDAY! Guys, if you don't do so already, lock your damn doors. If you don't, some crack-head is gonna think that you are presenting your $500 stereo to him so he can pawn it for 20 bucks! Normally i wouldn't be so sore about something so materialistic, but when said crack-head targeted my girlfriends car, he neglected to simply squeese the sides of the connector as he yanked, and now i'm left with this jubalee of wires that go to god knows where... PLEASE reach down inside yourselves and leave no stone un-turned, as my girlfriend is forced to drive around with no tunes!!!

hi,

I Googled: Honda Civic Stereo Connections and got lotsa hits.!

Is this one any help.?

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
J,

You're awfully aggressive for some guy who waits only three days for a response, posted this on a non-automotive site, and continues to double-post. Does attacking those to whom you are looking for help often work out well for you? Did you think we had nothing better to do on the weekend than run your web searches for you?

About 30 seconds on Google gave me lots of hits. Grasshopper, your google-fu is weak.

https://www.installdr.com/QuickWiring.html

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/07/stereoremoval.pdf

Torben

Thanks, but...

J,

You're awfully aggressive for some guy who waits only three days for a response, posted this on a non-automotive site, and continues to double-post. Does attacking those to whom you are looking for help often work out well for you? Did you think we had nothing better to do on the weekend than run your web searches for you?

About 30 seconds on Google gave me lots of hits. Grasshopper, your google-fu is weak.

https://www.installdr.com/QuickWiring.html

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/07/stereoremoval-1.pdf

Torben

I'm so glad electro-tech-online hasn't run out of guys like you who love to school rookies like me. the unfortunate matter is that i have come across the second website that you have posted (the first being invalid) and is of absolutely no help to me. I know that all of you have better things to do than to scan the web for "little-ol-helpless-me," but i would expect at least one response from the 25 views saying "sorry, cant help ya," other than the cold shoulder i recieved. I mite be a little out of line, and ill probably get some haters from this, but i thought that after you received the "experienced member" status you would understand that some of us have certain deadlines. i apologize for my pretentious attitude, but i have come to expect nothing but the best from you guys. thanks for the toleration, and sorry for the attitude and offense. thank you so much.

I'm so glad electro-tech-online hasn't run out of guys like you who love to school rookies like me.

Really? Personally I find it kind of a drag that there are still people who can't be bothered to learn enough about public interaction to figure out that internet forums are populated by people who spend their free time as they choose, and that any help they give is strictly voluntary and based on their individual time constraints, skill sets, and interests.

the unfortunate matter is that i have come across the second website that you have posted (the first being invalid) and is of absolutely no help to me.

First: installdr.com loaded for me when I posted the link; the web hosting service (EHost) appears to be down now. That is nothing I have control over, nor could I know that the hosting service went down between the time I posted and the time you checked the link. A little research would have cleared that right up for you.

Second: you have failed to state *why* the second document is no help to you. List the specific issues you are having--i.e., try to look like you're putting as much effort into this as you expect us to.

I know that all of you have better things to do than to scan the web for "little-ol-helpless-me," but i would expect at least one response from the 25 views saying "sorry, cant help ya," other than the cold shoulder i recieved.

Cold shoulder? A three-day wait on a net forum is not a snub, especially over the weekend. That in no way excuses your attitude. If you had come to the site and explained what you had searched for and found (or not), and detailed what you were running into trouble with, that would have gone a long way toward getting some answers. i.e.: "The documents I have found list the harness colour scheme as <blah blah blah> but the colours I found are <yada yada yada>; how do I resolve this?"

I mite be a little out of line, and ill probably get some haters from this, but i thought that after you received the "experienced member" status you would understand that some of us have certain deadlines.

Maybe once you've realized that all you have to do to gain that so-called status is post 30 times, and you'll not make silly comparisons like that. You can have whatever deadlines you have, but that doesn't make it any higher on anybody else's priority list.

When you're asking for free help, it's a really bad idea to insult those you're asking.

i apologize for my pretentious attitude, but i have come to expect nothing but the best from you guys. thanks for the toleration, and sorry for the attitude and offense. thank you so much.

There is every chance that somebody here knows your topic. Give it a bit of time and don't jump down the collective throat of the forum. Keep looking. Post the problems you are having. My personal experience with wiring badly documented car stereos is limited to Subaru, Dodge, and Nissan (OK, the Nissan had good docs), otherwise I might have helped (except I saw your second post first, which more or less put me off caring).

Torben

Don't know exactly how to appologise

Really? Personally I find it kind of a drag that there are still people who can't be bothered to learn enough about public interaction to figure out that internet forums are populated by people who spend their free time as they choose, and that any help they give is strictly voluntary and based on their individual time constraints, skill sets, and interests.

First: installdr.com loaded for me when I posted the link; the web hosting service (EHost) appears to be down now. That is nothing I have control over, nor could I know that the hosting service went down between the time I posted and the time you checked the link. A little research would have cleared that right up for you.

Second: you have failed to state *why* the second document is no help to you. List the specific issues you are having--i.e., try to look like you're putting as much effort into this as you expect us to.

Cold shoulder? A three-day wait on a net forum is not a snub, especially over the weekend. That in no way excuses your attitude. If you had come to the site and explained what you had searched for and found (or not), and detailed what you were running into trouble with, that would have gone a long way toward getting some answers. i.e.: "The documents I have found list the harness colour scheme as <blah blah blah> but the colours I found are <yada yada yada>; how do I resolve this?"

Maybe once you've realized that all you have to do to gain that so-called status is post 30 times, and you'll not make silly comparisons like that. You can have whatever deadlines you have, but that doesn't make it any higher on anybody else's priority list.

When you're asking for free help, it's a really bad idea to insult those you're asking.

There is every chance that somebody here knows your topic. Give it a bit of time and don't jump down the collective throat of the forum. Keep looking. Post the problems you are having. My personal experience with wiring badly documented car stereos is limited to Subaru, Dodge, and Nissan (OK, the Nissan had good docs), otherwise I might have helped (except I saw your second post first, which more or less put me off caring).

Torben

Thank you for not taking offense to my posts. You torben are a true electro-tech-head! the advice you posted in this thread is invaluable. this information is further helping me to evaluate the information i have before exploring/ evaluating other resources... once again thank you, and i WILL NOT let this insolence happen again!!! really i thank you all for the service you provide...

Well, if nothing else, we know that sarcasm isn't dead.

Torben

Wind your neck in matey!

In the 20 minutes you took to reply twice to Torben, you could have found the link below, using "1992 honda civic stereo" in Google.

**broken link removed**

What time would like someone to come round and wipe your backside? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back