Noob question about a online tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be great Mike. I couldn't get that link to work. Sounds cool though. I am anxious to see it.

Hey.. maybe you guys here would be into this.. I am bursting to tell someone but no one I know would understand the implications. I almost don't myself. I have been following this story for a long time and have a gut feeling about this guy.

Blacklight Power bolsters its impossible claims of a new renewable energy source » VentureBeat

Blacklight Power bolsters its impossible claims of a new renewable energy source - NYTimes.com

Last edited:
Ok, I guess the stupid Home Depot link only works for me. Here is a pic.

Attachments

• ACBOX.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 153

Best to take that discussion to the alternate Energy forum

Wow.. how cool. I didn't even know there was an alternative energy forum here. haha Still familiarizing myself. How cool. My people!

Well don't get discouraged if your post are scoffed at. Remember this is a forum to exchange ideas and concepts. Be prepaired to support any claims you may have, with data, evidence is even better.

No problem! Today's friday? I didn't even notice. hehe I have no life. This kind of thing is my idea of partying. That tells you how huge of a nerd I am. Or disenchanted with partying.

Yes! I have read that article. It's great. He's an amazing guy. And you know what they say.. it's a fine line between genius and madness.

There are some Yahoo groups for arguing his theory too. If you want to check those out sometime I'll give you the links. I think you have to sign up to Yahoo groups.. it's free. Blacklight Power has a website with a ton of info too. His whole theory in book PDF form. It's huge. His grand unified theory.

No problem! Today's friday? I didn't even notice. hehe I have no life. This kind of thing is my idea of partying. That tells you how huge of a nerd I am. Or disenchanted with partying.

I don't party either, my idea of a party is not doing research for awhile.

Is there a "gang box" that allows you to set up the components like this: designed to allow you to put the 2 plug outlets vertical and 2 dimmer components sideways..

**broken link removed**

also.. in the tutorial in my original post it appears the plug outlets are joined together in one component.. are there separate plug outlets to allow you to wire them separately? or is that not necessary -- like this..

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

I don't know how I missed this schematic but this is sweet.. thanks Mike!

Last edited:
The electrical dual receptacles in Canada and USA have a small metal piece connecting them together. The metal piece is broken off so that the receptacles can be wired separately for use in a kitchen so a high current kettle and a high current toaster can be used both at the same time.

It is also common to break the connection and use one outlet with a wall switch and one without. This is most often used when there is no overhead lighting.

Thanks Audioguru and 3Vo.

If you use one extension cord.. going to 2 dimmers.. and 2 separate outlets would you have to add somekind of splitter to double the wires from the extension cord or is that not necessary?

Thanks Audioguru and 3Vo.

If you use one extension cord.. going to 2 dimmers.. and 2 separate outlets would you have to add somekind of splitter to double the wires from the extension cord or is that not necessary?
You don't need a splitter with low current electricity. The dimmers are fed in parallel from the same cord. You cut (split) the receptacles so that they are separate and each is fed from its own dimmer.

cool! That will make it simple. The more simple the better for me.

The more complex.. the more likely I am to get electrocuted or start a fire. hah

Home Depot carries a foot control dimmer which might be perfect for you. It allows you to plug the dimmer into an outlet, it has an outlet that you plug the appliance into and can dim control using foot slide switch.
Nothing to build
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
That's amazing mike.. how did you find that?

I am trying to find somehting that explains exactly how it works. It looks perfect though.

The only questions I have about it are..

1. how sensitive is the adjustement? do you think it is as sensitive as the other kind of dimmer?

2. Could I get some little switch to cut the power off to the dimmer? One of the good things about the other set up is it has the momentary switch that allows you turn the whole thing off and on... this allows you to turn it off and one easily without changing the adjustment level of the heat..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…