Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pachinko machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyhooks

I have been thinking of using my basic stamp homework board to try and hook up to my pachinko machine. I want to use it to keep a score as well as run a small motor to reload the balls from the bottom to the top of the machine. The balls are about 11mm and would be lifted about 3 feet or so. My question is what size and type of motor could I find for under $25-$30 that I could run from the stamp. I'm going to build the mechanics for it out of wood so it wouldn't be turning a very heavy wheel, but it has to be able to push 85 or so steel balls up hill, which should be about a pound. Am I asking for too much?

Thanks,
Mike

Well the PIC itself can't switch anything like that kind of current. You will use a transistor- bipolar or MOSFET- as a switch for the motor current and a battery or transformer as the motor's power supply. The Stamp will have no trouble switching these transistors on and off.

PICs can suply up to 25mA per I/O pin.

But not enugh to saturate an bipolar transistor.So an drigaliron will do the job.

How much curent dose the motor need?

Someone Electro said:
PICs can suply up to 25mA per I/O pin.

But not enugh to saturate an bipolar transistor.So an drigaliron will do the job.

How much curent dose the motor need?

Hiya Someone,
Eh mate I do my best to understand your writing but what in the world is a "drigaliron" :?: I'm racking my brain trying to deciepher it but :shock: I'm stumped.

One frustrated Bryan :roll:

not often i laugh out loud.
but that cheered me right up

John :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back