pachinko machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptyhooks

I have been thinking of using my basic stamp homework board to try and hook up to my pachinko machine. I want to use it to keep a score as well as run a small motor to reload the balls from the bottom to the top of the machine. The balls are about 11mm and would be lifted about 3 feet or so. My question is what size and type of motor could I find for under $25-$30 that I could run from the stamp. I'm going to build the mechanics for it out of wood so it wouldn't be turning a very heavy wheel, but it has to be able to push 85 or so steel balls up hill, which should be about a pound. Am I asking for too much?

Thanks,
Mike

Well the PIC itself can't switch anything like that kind of current. You will use a transistor- bipolar or MOSFET- as a switch for the motor current and a battery or transformer as the motor's power supply. The Stamp will have no trouble switching these transistors on and off.

PICs can suply up to 25mA per I/O pin.

But not enugh to saturate an bipolar transistor.So an drigaliron will do the job.

How much curent dose the motor need?

Someone Electro said:
PICs can suply up to 25mA per I/O pin.

But not enugh to saturate an bipolar transistor.So an drigaliron will do the job.

How much curent dose the motor need?

Hiya Someone,
Eh mate I do my best to understand your writing but what in the world is a "drigaliron" :?: I'm racking my brain trying to deciepher it but :shock: I'm stumped.

One frustrated Bryan :roll:

bryan1 said:
Eh mate I do my best to understand your writing but what in the world is a "drigaliron" :?: I'm racking my brain trying to deciepher it but :shock: I'm stumped.

He means a 'darlington' transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…