Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

part of project help needed urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

lui_23_7

Hey everyone

I need help on a certain part of my design. Basically what I am doing is trying to monitor the battery voltage of a lithium ion battery. Now when it falls below a certain level or to a certain point say for example 2.9V, I want a device that will detect that the voltage is at a low level and immediately switch on a dc motor. I thought maybe using a voltage comparator to compare the voltage of the battery to a reference voltage set up by the potentiometers but I dont know how to design a schematic that will show what I want. Can someone help?

Thanks
Luis

hi luis.

If you Google for:

'Comparator window detector'

You will find many application notes.

Use an LM10. It is an 8-pins IC with an accurate adjustable voltage reference and an opamp that is used as a comparator. It uses a low supply current and operates from a supply from 1.1V to 40V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back