Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC frozen

Status
Not open for further replies.
ApochPiQ said:
It's possible the PSU isn't entirely at fault; if you have too much load on the PSU from the computer itself you can get all kinds of horribly unpredictable results, including freezes, rebooting, random software crashes, etc. etc. Knowing the rated wattage of your PSU and the components you are trying to run on that supply will help ascertain if the problem is power-related.

hmm....anyway do you mean by "rated wattage" of the psu those current and voltage ratings which is written on the psu itself?!
and what about those of the components also?

so finally when I get to know ,in which way should I make a benifit from that and deduct that the problem is just power-related?!

I'm asking much,Am i ;)

psu rated in watts, old ones 200, 250 maybe 300, new ones 400, 450, 500, gaming systems 650, 700, 1000 ... depending on the parts you are trying to assemble, you may have out-stripped the capacity of the supply.

generally a pentium 1 system should have no problems with a 200 w psu... I have seen them built all the way down to 150 watts... but if you have 8 hard drives connected to the old system, you'll need more power.

in other words, list out all the pieces you're trying to make work together, as well as the wattage rating printed on your PSU label.

justDIY said:
in other words, list out all the pieces you're trying to make work together, as well as the wattage rating printed on your PSU label.

There is only hard drive in work..no pieces are working together.
Anyway i've tried th re-measure the voltage ratings ,so the result is:

12.23v (yellow)
5.04v (red)
3.44 (orange)

Concerning the rating wattage,there are many writtings:
230,250w.........

but the 230 one was marked by true, so 230w is detected.

Also: 100w Max

ok, it sounds like your supply is OK, and those voltages look good. The 100w max is probably for the 5v + 12v rail.

As I understand it, the old ATX spec dedicated roughly half of the total power to the "accessory" rail, and the 3.3v rail ran everything else.

The new ATX+12v and ATX+EPS specs now dedicate 75% or more of the total power to the 12v rail, thanks to the huge increases in power consumption of the CPU and Video cards. They now have their own power supply built onto the motherboard / card, which takes the 12v and steps it down to 1.1 to 1.8 volts, ramping the current way up.

Anyway, I don't think your PSU is suspect. You'll want to move onto more testing using a "live cd". Test your ram with memtest86, test your processor with "prime" or "super pi".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back